Operations Control Analyst
This role supports a small team within Operations and collaborates with other departments including securities processing, corporate events, settlement, middle office, margin, securities lending and compliance.
- Monitors daily securities possession or control requirements to ensure compliance with the Customer Protection Rule (15c3-3); proactively communicates deficits and any identified issues to the appropriate Operations departments in order to reduce firm deficits.
- Performs daily, monthly and ongoing controls for the firm’s Fully-Paid Lending program.
- Assists and provides input in the interpretation of new/changing securities rules, regulations, policies or laws; updates processes for compliance to rules and regulations as well as departmental procedures.
- Responsible for the oversight of prospectus delivery compliance.
- Compiles operational account information for internal and external auditors (e.g., FINRA, PwC); Research and compile data for ongoing unclaimed property audits.
- Responsible for the firm’s bi-monthly Short Interest reporting to FINRA.
- Identifies opportunities for operational efficiency and productivity improvements to mitigate financial, reputation and regulatory risk; suggests solutions to Operations Control Manager.
- Maintains compliance with SEC 17Ad-17 “Lost Security holders and Unresponsive Payees” by working with unclaimed property vendor to perform due diligence on potentially lost client accounts.
- Identifies and performs due diligence on lost and inactive client accounts that are eligible for escheatment; Facilitates the transfer of cash and assets by working with appropriate departments to ensure the timely delivery to state’s unclaimed property division.
- Performs daily review and distribution of break reports to various operations departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.)
- 2+ years of experience in the areas of accounting, banking and/or financial services preferred
- FINRA licensing preferred (or ability to obtain the license within 180 days from hire).
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America