LifeMade - Product Development Cost Analyst
LifeMade Products LLC, a Jadex Inc operating company, is a global provider of disposable tableware and temperature control packaging solutions supporting a variety of sectors including healthcare and food preservation. We are the industry leader in U.S temperature-control packaging and single-use consumer goods manufacturing. Our brands include LifeMade Consumer Products, Lifoam®, Diamond®, FreezPak®, Envirocooler® and ProPak®. LifeMade Products LLC has 8 manufacturing locations in the domestic United States . Our mission is to create superior products that push industries forward, LifeMade strives to make life – better.
The product development cost analyst on the finance team will produce P&L's for new and existing products. This team member will gather input data for cost analysis from cross-functional teams, working closely with Sales and Operations department to assemble P&L's for Management review with the company's growth and margin objectives in mind. This role requires strong analytical and math skills to pull data together into an accurate and defendable cost roll up.
P&L's must be assembled with concise and accurate information from which Management will make important strategic decisions. This team member must possess strong communication and teamwork skills and solid experience with engineering project management. This includes, but is not limited to, materials research & selection with ops team, process analysis and managing time. All of which require logical reasoning to identify all facets of a solution design. The production development cost analyst will be responsible for managing his/her time to produce work in a timely manner in order to meeting internal and customer expectations.
- Support Sales, Ops & Management with concise information from which to make sales/growth/production decisions.
- Collaborate with Sales and Management to develop and deliver P&L's for new and existing products.
- Create historical sales data & pricing as required by Sales.
- Follow new solution design with objective of being able to cost the solution at any point during development.
- Maintain a quote list for planning on time delivery of information, potential sales and margin basis
- Work with logistics/transportation to build a freight model and best cost approach based on full cost value
- collect current and future cost models.
- Manage new item set up and start-up.
- Create JCO's & data packets to facilitate new item set up.
- Disseminate information to operations to ensure full understanding of solution design & manufacturing alignment.
- Challenge existing standard cost information for continued tightness of standards.
- Create data packets for new tooling as requested and submit for approval.
- Stay updated regarding manufacturing changes to make full use of available resources.
- Communicate regularly with plant engineers on new resources that may be available.
- Travel as needed to familiarize resources and procedures.
- Update system cost information to reflect new processes and equipment that will impact product cost.
- Create formal quotes when needed for customer submission.
- Draft quotes using established forms and or software with pertinent pricing and details of offer, submit for approval.
- Always present a "Can do" attitude when communicating directly with customers or in writing
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in cost finance/cost accounting/engineering/business or related with proven experience in Product Development & cost understanding.
- 2+ years of prior experience in manufacturing and technical knowledge
- 2+ years' experience in data collection and analysis for financial review.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management functions such as planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling.
- (Preferred) Experience with new product development.
- Epicor ERP and quoting software knowledge/experience a plus
Technical Roles and Competencies:
- Interpersonal skills and business maturity to work effectively with individuals both internal and external to the company.
- Ability to work independently completing projects in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis to gather operational data that will be used in cost rollup.
- Results orientation and high degree of initiative, follow-through, and accountability. Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity.
- Ability to utilize various personal computer programs within a LAN environment, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ERP
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, as well as to analyze problems and make independent judgments to initiate corrective action and resolution.
- Proven track record of bringing new products from engineering to manufacturing.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration capabilities.
- Strong task and detail orientation, awareness of urgency in communication, while displaying diplomacy in day-to-day interactions.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Must also develop and deliver concise presentations to Senior Management level.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Sitting at workstation approximately 80 percent or work time.
- Standing and walking approximately 20 percent or work time.
- Located in Greer SC HQ office, potential for partial remote work
- Typical office environment.
- Must be able to travel 5 percent of work time.
- Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
- Ability to travel and work in manufacturing atmospheres in various climate regions.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
At Jadex, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Jadex is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Greer, SC, USA