E Wilton MFG - Inspector/Packer
LifeMade Consumer Products is a leading manufacturer in high-volume, precision injection molded parts. The company designs and manufactures with proprietary engineering processes and extensive manufacturing capabilities, from seven (7) locations worldwide. From the first spark of an idea, through the design of the mold to the actual manufactured product, LifeMade Consumer Products focuses all efforts on delivering innovative plastic solutions. The company’s core markets include Consumer Products, Medical/Healthcare, Personal Care, Health & Beauty, Caps & Closures, and Packaging.
LifeMade Consumer Products is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands. Driven by a sharp focus on the consumer, leading investment in innovation and brands, and a performance-driven culture, LifeMade helps consumers achieve more where they live, learn, work and play.
Position Title: Inspector/Packer
Location: All Tabletop Locations
Reports to: Supervisor
Last Updated: September 2020
The Inspector/Packer is responsible for conducting visual inspection of product for quality defects, manually transferring finished product into packaging, and preparing packaged product for shipment.
- Inspects/packages production on assigned machines utilizing internal resource materials and the Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure product meets quality standards and customer specifications.
- Prepares packing materials and ensures materials, labels, and finished product meets specifications.
- Maintains all job-related documents and transactions per the QMS.
- Communicates with shift personnel to alert for quality and production related issues.
- Understands and follows plant safety rules. Helps to identify and eliminate any safety hazard or concern.
- Maintains compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to direct Supervisor.
- Maintains good working relations with all other employees.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Self-motivated to learn and perform job tasks to meet or exceed customer and company expectations.
- Demonstrates the capacity to work at an efficient rate to meet production goals and standards.
- Effectively communicates with others both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts, as applicable.
- Required to spend the first 4-weeks (minimum) with a certified trainer until all course objectives are met
- Considered an entry level Inspector/Packer
- Full time employee for a minimum of 1 year
- Attendance in good standing for at least 1 year
- No written warnings for quality for at least 1 year
- No written warnings for safety for at least 1 year
- Demonstrates the capacity to work at an efficient rate to meet production goals and standards on most machines (>50%).
- May generate overflow or requires floor work assistance on some stations
- Participates in a modified packer rotation
- Considered a semi-skilled Inspector/Packer
- Full time employee for a minimum of 2 years
- Attendance in good standing for 2 years
- No written warnings for quality for at least 2 years
- No written warnings for safety for at least 2 years
- Demonstrates the capacity to work at an efficient rate and meet production goals and standards on all machines
- Ability to act in a floor worker capacity as needed
- Participates in a full packer rotation without modification
- Considered a fully-skilled Inspector/Packer
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please refer to the Physical Job Description, which is contained as a separate document, for more detail.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Wilton, ME, USA