LifeMade - Maintenance Technician II
LifeMade Products LLC, a Jadex Inc operating company, is a global provider of disposable tableware and temperature control packaging solutions supporting a variety of sectors including healthcare and food preservation. We are the industry leader in U.S temperature-control packaging and single-use consumer goods manufacturing. Our brands include LifeMade Consumer Products, Lifoam®, Diamond®, FreezPak®, Envirocooler® and ProPak®. LifeMade Products LLC has 8 manufacturing locations in the domestic United States . Our mission is to create superior products that push industries forward, LifeMade strives to make life – better.
Perform work involving multi- crafted maintenance skill sets which include mechanical, electrical, and PLC troubleshooting to keep machines, mechanical equipment, and the building in repair. Duties involve repairing mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairs of building structure.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Performs repairs to production equipment and plant utility systems which includes: troubleshooting complex, high-speed filling equipment & machine adjustments to automated presses, printers, molding equipment and other plant equipment.
- Ensure proper operation of electrical / mechanical components and devices (push buttons, switches, timers, solenoids, electrical disconnects, AC and DC motors, pneumatics, hydraulics)
- Troubleshoot and repair variable frequency drives.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and/or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Reassemble equipment such as gear boxes, reducers, molds, and pumps.
- Run all types of piping including black iron, copper, PVC and flexible tubing, and electrical conduit.
- Install various components including: seals, bearings, O-rings, gaskets, adhesives, belts, chains, rollers, sprockets, gears and sheaves.
- Troubleshoot repair/rebuild centrifugal/positive displacement pumps.
- Fabricate parts directly from blueprints; weld carbon steel and aluminum; fabricate guards, etc. out of sheet metal and Lexan; cutting of metal with a plasma cutter or torch.
- Wire, repair and install electric motors; repair basic wiring and replace lighting fixtures and lamps; correct size fusing, motor overload protection and wire size per National Electric Code (NEC); read electrical schematics and wire directly from wiring diagrams; use of electrical and precision tools to complete assigned work.
- Responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting problems with AC drive systems and PLCs in the plant.
- Assist in providing OJT for employees new to the department.
- Properly use the plant work order system and follow all stockroom procedures.
- Audit mechanical equipment and develop replacement part lists.
- Understand and follow plant safety rules. Helps to identify and eliminate any safety hazard or concern. Assists in monitoring of quality of work output and maintenance procedures.
- Assists in conducting operations so as to meet established cost standards for use of materials, supplies and equipment. Follows instructions in the most efficient use of tools, machines and materials.
- Maintains a neat and orderly working area and assists other departments in the cleanliness and organization of working areas when projects overlap other department areas.
- Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to their direct Supervisor. To maintain good working relations with all other employees. Strives to have no conflicts with other department employees.
- Encouraged to bring any ideas to light for possible usage in factory functions.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, or others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
1-3 yr.+ maintenance experience
2 yr.+’ experience in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge of General Maintenance- Tech I & II
Proficient in electrical systems
Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles & Practices
Proficient in high- & low-pressure fluid systems
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Requires 9 hours of standing/walking daily.
- Must be able to team lift upwards of 100 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull upwards of 100 lbs.
- Must be able to bend/stoop/twist, crouch/squat, reach above and below shoulders
- Requires repetitive arm, wrist and hand movements.
- Must be able to work in/with/ near machinery
- Must be able to work with hand tools.
- Moderate/heavy exposure to heat, cold, dust and excessive noise.
- Ability to wear PPE including hearing protection, safety glasses and steel/composite toe shoes.
- Annual hearing test is required.
- Some overtime and occasional weekends required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
At Jadex, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Jadex is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA