Alltrista - Operations Manager
Alltrista Plastics LLC, formerly known as Jarden Plastic Solutions, is a subsidiary of Jadex Inc., and is a leading manufacturer in high-volume, precision injection molded parts. The company designs and manufactures with proprietary engineering processes and extensive manufacturing capabilities, from five (5) locations worldwide. From the first spark of an idea, through the design of the mold to the actual manufactured product, Alltrista Plastics focuses all efforts on delivering innovative plastic solutions. The company’s core markets include Consumer Products, Medical/Healthcare, Personal Care, Health & Beauty, Caps & Closures, and Packaging.
Responsible for the effective performance of the manufacturing operation to obtain the optimum performance at the lowest operating costs ensuring total customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for plant manufacturing operations in accordance with process and product specifications and quality standards, complying with contractual and/or customer requirements.
- Establishes and maintains a positive employee relations climate and develops and maintains safe and healthful working conditions and environment.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations designed to create and maintain safe working habits to reduce frequency and/or seriousness of industrial accidents.
- Coordinates the execution of manufacturing, maintenance and setup activities in conjunction with production planning function.
- Recommends designs for special equipment and assists engineering with product and process research and development programs.
- Accountable for proactively pursuing and implementing cost reduction strategies and activities.
- Reviews and approves recommendations of subordinates on rates of pay and other personnel changes.
- Provides direction to supervisors and quality personnel to troubleshoot quality issues.
- Performs the function of Plant Manager in his/her absence.
- Accountable for departmental compliance in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO and other strategic quality objectives.
- Capital budget responsibilities including project justification, budget development, AFE preparation, planning and accountability.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated successful production and quality management experience.
- Thorough understanding of electrical/electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and other technical components of injection molding.
- Familiarity with scientific analysis methods such as DOE, SPC, Mold Flow analysis, and FMEA.
- Knowledgeable of the financial aspects of the business.
- Proactivity in identification and execution of manufacturing and personal improvements,
- TQM & Teamwork skills.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please refer to the Physical Job Description, which is contained as a separate document, for more detail.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
- Pay Type Salary
- Reedsville, PA, USA