Alltrista - Director, Quality
Alltrista Plastics LLC, formerly known as Jarden Plastic Solutions, is a subsidiary of Jadex Inc., and is a leading manufacturer in high-volume, precision injection molded parts. The company designs and manufactures with proprietary engineering processes and extensive manufacturing capabilities, from five (5) locations worldwide. From the first spark of an idea, through the design of the mold to the actual manufactured product, Alltrista Plastics focuses all efforts on delivering innovative plastic solutions. The company’s core markets include Consumer Products, Medical/Healthcare, Personal Care, Health & Beauty, Caps & Closures, and Packaging.
Provides the leadership to drive a world-class quality system, implementing enhanced protocols or system elements as necessary to match company growth. Responsible for creating an environment to accelerate launch of new projects while assuring and anticipating compliance to all regulations.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with customers which are based on integrity and trust, including substantial personal visits if required
- Develop and drive progressive problem-solving techniques using statistical analysis, cause and effect tools, and ensure continuous improvement of our processes/systems. Develop excellent root-cause / solution techniques.
- Develop FMEA’s for product, maintain life cycle plans and work to create Value Stream Mapping of our products through to customers finished products. Establishes, maintains, and updates customer quality requirements and specifications through active participations in projects, manufacturing control plan development, and working with Alltrista and customer teams to address changes or improvements.
- Work closely with Commercial, Engineering and Manufacturing teams for successful launch of new programs.
- Establishes, maintains and updates customers' quality requirements and specifications through active participation in projects, manufacturing control plan development, and working with Alltrista and Customer teams to address changes for improvements and communicates same to other plant personnel.
- Work with location Quality Management to Ensures that all quality procedures are maintained and that all personnel are fully trained on specifications, and procedures per customer requirements.
- Ensures complete and accurate inspection and certifications data are sent to the customer.
- Communicates with customers about uncertain specifications or questionable products, obtains, deviations, etc., and advises site staff.
- Review latest part print revisions from Engineering Project Manager and inputs if revisions require any deviation from normal inspection, documentation or measurement procedures.
- Assures all non-conforming materials are isolated and in conjunction with Material Review Board at manufacturing locations.
- Certified (QE) Quality Manager, (CMQ) Certified Quality Manager or NLT 5 years equivalent experience or Bachelor Degree in a related field with appropriate experience.
- ISO experience to include implementation and auditing.
- Five years in a quality management position with a demonstrated successful performance level.
- ASQC-certified a plus.
- Three years injection molding experience.
- Thorough understanding of QC tools such as SPC, DOE, sampling plans, audits, etc.
- Experience dealing with customers and suppliers.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please refer to the Physical Job Description, which is contained as a separate document, for more detail.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
- Job Family O
- Pay Type Salary
- Greer, SC, USA