LifeMade - Supervisor, Operations
LifeMade Products LLC, a Jadex Inc operating company, is a global provider of disposable tableware and temperature control packaging solutions supporting a variety of sectors including healthcare and food preservation. We are the industry leader in U.S temperature-control packaging and single-use consumer goods manufacturing. Our brands include LifeMade Consumer Products, Lifoam®, Diamond®, FreezPak®, Envirocooler® and ProPak®. LifeMade Products LLC has 8 manufacturing locations in the domestic United States . Our mission is to create superior products that push industries forward, LifeMade strives to make life – better.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervising assigned production employees, performing administrative tasks and maintaining communications associated with the activities of a production shift. This position is also responsible for the shift’s performance in safety, product quality, production output, production scheduling within assigned area, manpower loading, employee attendance management, line equipment maintenance, housekeeping, cost control, employee relations, effective communications of relevant information regarding department and shift performance and the attainment of plant goals.
- Instructs employees in safe operating procedures and plant conduct and holds them accountable to following these instructions. Identifies safety hazards and takes appropriate steps to eliminate or control them. Prepares equipment so that it can be safely worked on by others, and signs safety work permits. In emergencies, direct control efforts of subordinates and orders their evacuation when necessary for their protection.
- Directs employees to follow all provisions of plant operating instructions and standards. Monitors quality of output and takes appropriate action, including shutdown of process, to prevent or limit production or shipment of off-grade material or product. Conducts, and assists other in conduct of investigation to determine causes of quality defects.
- Responsible for assuring department employees are maintaining production standards, adhering to machine cycle times and maintaining production metrics that assure positive OEE.
- Meets production goals by assigning appropriate personnel and determines use of equipment and procedures so as to achieve production goals. Arranges for flow of packaging supplies, raw material and finished product. Monitors progress during shift and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Meets established cost standards for use of materials, supplies, utilities, manpower and equipment. Directs in the most efficient use of equipment and materials and ensures instructions to be followed. Contributes to plant cost reduction effort.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of organization.
- Responsible for daily maintain of time & attendance systems to include scheduling, absenteeism, etc.
- Responsible for all repairs and maintenance to production line equipment. Provides input to Operations Manager on employee performance.
- As required by plant management provides production and inventory reports.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Manufacturing Technology, or equivalent engineering or technical programs. A combination of education and experience will be considered in place of a degree.
- Minimum 3 to 11 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Must include 1 -2 yrs. in a production leadership or manufacturing engineering or mechanical engineering role.
- Sitting at workstation approximately 10 (ten) percent of work time. Standing and walking approximately 90 (ninety) percent of work time.
- Must be able to travel up to 15 (fifteen) percent of work time.
- Ability to work overtime or weekends with short notice as required by management.
- Willingness to work all/any shifts.
- Typical plant/manufacturing environment with concrete floors and moving parts/machinery.
- Requires up to 9 hours of standing/walking daily.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 65 lbs.
- Must be able to bend/stoop/twist, crouch/squat, reach above and below shoulders.
- Requires repetitive use of arm, wrist, and hand.
- Must be able to work near/with machinery and hand tools.
- Moderate/heavy exposure to heat and excessive noise.
- Ability to wear required PPE including hearing protection, safety glasses and steel/composite toe shoes.
- Annual hearing tests are required.
- Some overtime and occasional weekends required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
At Jadex, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Jadex is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
- Job Family O
- Pay Type Salary
- Belcamp, MD, USA