LifeMade - Quality Engineer
LifeMade Products LLC, a Jadex Inc operating company, is a global provider of disposable tableware and temperature control packaging solutions supporting a variety of sectors including healthcare and food preservation. We are the industry leader in U.S temperature-control packaging and single-use consumer goods manufacturing. Our brands include LifeMade Consumer Products, Lifoam®, Diamond®, FreezPak®, Envirocooler® and ProPak®. LifeMade Products LLC has 8 manufacturing locations in the domestic United States . Our mission is to create superior products that push industries forward, LifeMade strives to make life – better.
Responsible for implementing/executing/maintaining/improving an effective and comprehensive Quality Management System to include: specifications and standards control, change control, manufacturing and supplier quality, training, communication, product & process monitoring and control, internal audits.
Leads/supports overall continual improvement of Quality through teamwork, disciplined methods, sampling, experimentation, project management, data analysis, team reviews, communication and reporting.
Provides quality expertise and leadership in the following areas:
- Develop, apply, and maintain quality requirements and standards for manufacturing products/processes.
- Serve as Quality Assurance resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Support engineering efforts by participating in development projects.
- Monitor and manage process change/improvement efforts. Design experiments to validate the efficacy of these improvements and to ensure the integrity of finished products.
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Supervise Quality Technicians on day to day job function
- Participate in vendor/process certification; re-certification.
- Review customer purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Develop, execute, and analyze quality-reporting measures.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Identify issues with current processes, conduct comprehensive root cause analyses, and implement robust corrective and preventive actions in a timely fashion.
- Review supplier’s purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements.
- Participate in/lead internal and external quality audits.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented/communicated.
- Compile, write and deliver training material on quality standards and activities.
- Remain current on technology through research and training.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Manufacturing Technology, or equivalent engineering or technical programs. A combination of education and experience will be considered in place of a degree.
Minimum 3 to 11 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment in a quality or manufacturing engineering or production management role.
Certified Quality Engineer, Green Belt / Black Belt preferred
- Experience as leader of a Quality Assurance team in manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading improvement projects (Six Sigma, Lean)
- Training in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Certified Quality Engineer
Technical Roles & Competencies:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Quality methodologies to include, but not limited to, Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Measurement Systems Analysis, Production Part Approval Process, Quality Systems Assessment, Advanced Product Quality Planning, Statistical Process Control, Root Cause Analysis, as well as the application of said quality methodologies to include supplier quality/supplier development.
- Demonstrates a high concern for detail, accuracy, and compliance to Company and Corporate policies and procedures.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Minitab or JMP statistical software a plus.
- Ability to work with and lead cross-functional groups.
- Ability to develop and implement programs for continuous improvement.
- General knowledge of verbal and written communications for maintaining effective working relationships with all employees.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Ability to lift 25lbs. occasionally.
- Sitting at a desk or workstation approximately 50 percent of the work time. Standing and walking approximately 50 percent of the work time.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or travel with short notice; occasionally on weekends.
- Normal office, manufacturing, and laboratory environments and travel by automobile and commercial transportation.
At Jadex, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Jadex is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Vernon, CA, USA