Alltrista - Automation Engineer
Alltrista Plastics LLC, formerly known as Jarden Plastic Solutions, is a subsidiary of Jadex Inc., and is a leading manufacturer in high-volume, precision injection molded parts. The company designs and manufactures with proprietary engineering processes and extensive manufacturing capabilities, from five (5) locations worldwide. From the first spark of an idea, through the design of the mold to the actual manufactured product, Alltrista Plastics focuses all efforts on delivering innovative plastic solutions. The company’s core markets include Consumer Products, Medical/Healthcare, Personal Care, Health & Beauty, Caps & Closures, and Packaging.
Leads manufacturing projects for new and modified manufacturing processes and automation equipment, including all product material handling and secondary operations, from concept to commercialization while meeting or exceeding both internal and external customer expectations.
- Manages new projects in strict adherence to the project engineering process and ISO guidelines and supports manufacturing on existing projects in production.
- Coordinates the purchase of the equipment, and/or tooling, components, and other items of necessity as it associates with engineering projects and manufacturing production.
- Ensures that customer requirements and product specifications are understood and communicates to JPS manufacturing, sales, engineering, and vendors throughout the estimating, engineering, project management, initial production, and modification stages of new Automation and Related Equipment for assigned Projects.
- Acquires cost and lead times for parts, custom equipment from JPS approved vendors to ensure continuity of production for 24/7 Manufacturing Operation.
- Provides all details of projects in a timely manner in strict adherence to project engineering process.
- Assist, as requested by the department manager, with technical matters related to machine maintenance and performance of automation equipment.
- Leads and coordinates ongoing maintenance efforts, as it relates to retroactive and preventative Maintenance, while utilizing the Company IQS database and establish machine records for each event.
- Assures validation of secondary operations equipment.
- Assures implementation of equipment and programs for quality/productivity improvements.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent experience of 10 years in plastics injection molding engineering experience of Associates of Science degree plus three years pf experience.
- 10 years of combined experience in hands-on injection molding engineering and secondary Automation and Assembly equipment.
- Experience with installation and operation validations.
- Experience with Design of Experiments.
- 10 years troubleshooting in relatable manufacturing operations.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please refer to the Physical Job Description, which is contained as a separate document, for more detail.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related dutie
- Job Family EM
- Pay Type Salary
- Greer, SC, USA