Alltrista - Manager, Maintenance
Alltrista Plastics LLC, formerly known as Jarden Plastic Solutions, is a subsidiary of Jadex Inc., and is a leading manufacturer in high-volume, precision injection molded parts. The company designs and manufactures with proprietary engineering processes and extensive manufacturing capabilities, from five (5) locations worldwide. From the first spark of an idea, through the design of the mold to the actual manufactured product, Alltrista Plastics focuses all efforts on delivering innovative plastic solutions. The company’s core markets include Consumer Products, Medical/Healthcare, Personal Care, Health & Beauty, Caps & Closures, and Packaging.
Assigns and leads the daily tasks of the maintenance team to accomplish the upkeep and repairs on all plant equipment. Utilizes technical skills and leadership skills to support the production needs of the facility, improve the capabilities of those on the team, and manage the facility equipment efficiencies to maximize life expectancy and capability.
- Manages the maintenance personnel to maximize their effectiveness through thorough job analysis, proper job assignments, improved training and development programs and effective personnel management.
- Develops, implements and maintains a proactive technical presence on their team to ensure optimum machine and personnel utilization.
- Works with the manufacturing team to train and develop the proper skill levels on the team to support the customer and company objectives.
- Develop, implement and continually improve the preventative maintenance system used in the facility for all equipment.
- Utilizes the technical staff both in maintenance and manufacturing to improve our proactive approach to equipment care.
- Develop training and development recommendations for self and those who directly report to the position to ensure that all personnel are up to date with latest technologies necessary.
- Manages in a proactive manner utilizing sound and professional skills to comply with all of JPS policies and directives while following the legal guidelines for proper management and ISO environment.
- Proactively support continuous improvement,
- Maintain plant auxiliaries working with outside vendors to improve system capabilities and reliabilities. Develops cost effective plans to improve the systems for extended life.
- Evaluates the equipment needs of the facility and makes recommendations for improvement both in new and existing technology to improve overall job efficiency, cost efficiency and downtime.
- Makes recommendations for equipment purchases.
- Ensures timely ordering and installation of equipment to get projects to manufacturing prior to customer requirements.
- Post high school education in a related discipline or relevant manufacturing experience in the molding technical area.
- Must have strong knowledge or background in PLC control and programming.
- Technical knowledge to perform the tasks outlines in the description.
- Solid processing, mold setting and maintenance background required.
- Analytical problem solving skills to take a systematic approach to determine root cause and develop appropriate corrective action.
- Leadership skills to evaluate strengths and development opportunities of technical support on the team.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate efforts with the overall plant goals as established by plant management team.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please refer to the Physical Job Description, which is contained as a separate document, for more detail.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
- Job Family O
- Pay Type Salary
- Greer, SC, USA