Alltrista - Technician, Quality Assurance I
Alltrista Plastics LLC, formerly known as Jarden Plastic Solutions, is a subsidiary of Jadex Inc., and is a leading manufacturer in high-volume, precision injection molded parts. The company designs and manufactures with proprietary engineering processes and extensive manufacturing capabilities, from five (5) locations worldwide. From the first spark of an idea, through the design of the mold to the actual manufactured product, Alltrista Plastics focuses all efforts on delivering innovative plastic solutions. The company’s core markets include Consumer Products, Medical/Healthcare, Personal Care, Health & Beauty, Caps & Closures, and Packaging.
Responsible for assuring product quality through prevention-based quality initiatives including: audit inspections of finished goods, participation in defect identification and corrective action teams, and maintaining quality levels consistent with company goals.
- Inspects and documents results for all work-in-process components for compliance with customer-specified requirements. Communicates any nonconforming instances to shift supervision.
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all testing and measuring equipment used in the Quality and Manufacturing departments.
- Maintains documentation as required to comply with Customer and Company quality standards.
- Works with QA Technician II to determine the status of materials and release for use if acceptable and/or initiate nonconforming material.
- Works with processing to start up new molds.
- Assists Manufacturing and Engineering personnel with product samples, protocols, and designed experiments by providing accurate and timely inspection, testing, and documentation of finished product and/or tool components.
- Performs the duties and responsibilities of a QA Technician II, when required, and supports the QA Supervisor, as requested, in his absence.
- Supports the QMS by adhering to the system requirements.
- Understands and follows plant safety rules. Helps to identify and eliminate any safety hazard or concern. Assists in monitoring of quality of work output.
- Maintains compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to direct Supervisor.
- Maintains good working relations with all other employees. Strives to have no conflicts with other employees.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent computer capabilities, including MS Office.
- Working knowledge of measurement equipment.
- Self-motivated to learn and perform job tasks to meet or exceed customer and company expectations.
- Demonstrates the capacity to work at an efficient rate to meet production goals and standards.
- Effectively communicates with others both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts, as applicable.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please refer to the Physical Job Description, which is contained as a separate document, for more detail.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
- Job Family EM
- Pay Type Hourly
- Greer, SC, USA