Shakespeare - Senior Graphic Designer
SHAKESPEARE COMPANY LLC, a Jadex Inc. company, is a US-based manufacturer of both industrial and consumer products for a wide variety of industries and applications.
Shakespeare® industrial products are tailored to the customer’s unique needs and include custom engineered nylon resins, performance monofilaments, and conductive fibers used as raw materials in finished goods ranging from automotive components to medical applications. The company operates under the Shakespeare®, Rino-Tuff®, and Weed Warrior® brands in the lawn & garden category and is a major player in the mass merchant channel as the primary universal fit solution for trimmer line, heads, and accessories. The brand is known worldwide within the marine electronics industry for marine radio antennas with a portfolio of connectivity solutions and accessories to help keep boaters connected and safe. Maintaining communications is of utmost importance to military forces across the world and Shakespeare®’s line of military antenna products plays a critical role in achieving mission success.
This position requires a multi-talented person who is well-versed in all functional aspects of graphic design and communications. The Senior Graphic Designer spearheads the design and production of all creative projects from initial concept and planning, through execution and production. The position requires excellent organizational skills, accuracy and proactiveness, and acts as the organization’s thought-leader on visual branding and design. This role employs modern best practices and advises business units to ensure company brand guidelines are followed and is directly responsible for the good image/brand of the company.
(Other duties may be assigned)
- A heavy focus on the creation of original consumer products packaging and product catalog design, managed from initial ideation phases through final production
- Create graphic materials for point of purchase merchandising displays (POP), trade show displays, sales collateral, sales presentations, print/digital advertising, and online product content
- Plan and produce high quality product and lifestyle photography content for multiple national and international brands
- Develop an understanding of existing product offerings and opportunities
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all projects
- Assist Product Managers in the new product development process to ensure all creative elements are delivered to suppliers on time for product launches/updates
- Coordinate with third party vendors to ensure projects are completed with the appropriate specifications and quality
- Ensure that all deadlines are met and that materials created are to brand standard
- Be self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision, and have the ability to work on multiple projects efficiently
- Portfolio required with application
- Superior skills with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and other professional design tools
- 5+ years’ experience in graphic design and/or marketing design
- BS/BA in design, visual arts, or related fields
- Proven ability to collaborate with design, development, and marketing disciplines
- Knowledge and understanding of composition & color
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication (written/ verbal/ presentation) and organizational skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, maintaining quality and creativity
- Ability to multi-task several projects at one time
- Packaging and catalog design experience is preferred
- Video production experience is a plus
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
At Jadex, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Jadex is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
- Job Family O
- Pay Type Salary
- Columbia, SC, USA