Alltrista Plastics LLC, formerly known as Jarden Plastic Solutions, is a subsidiary of Jadex Inc., and is a leading manufacturer in high-volume, precision injection molded parts. The company designs and manufactures with proprietary engineering processes and extensive manufacturing capabilities, from five (5) locations worldwide. From the first spark of an idea, through the design of the mold to the actual manufactured product, Alltrista Plastics focuses all efforts on delivering innovative plastic solutions. The company’s core markets include Consumer Products, Medical/Healthcare, Personal Care, Health & Beauty, Caps & Closures, and Packaging.
Responsible for the efficient shipment of production parts and receiving functions to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for the proper weighing, labeling, storage, and shipment of finished goods to customer’s expectations and the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Handles the receiving of incoming shipments, ensures documentation is accurate and routes to proper personnel for inspection and/or approval prior to use, where applicable.
- Movement of materials/finished goods within plant(s) and outside facilities, where applicable.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the warehouse and shipping/receiving areas.
- Responsible for conducting cycle counts of finished goods and raw materials, where applicable, and maintaining accurate inventory totals.
- Communicates inventory and customer shipment issues to Supervisor or designee.
- Trains and directs Shipper/Receiver I to be a competent backfill for the Shipper/Receiver II position.
- Monitors customer order system to coordinate related shipment activity.
- Backfills direct Manager in specified plant locations.
- Supports the QMS by adhering to the system requirements.
- Understands and follows plant safety rules. Helps to identify and eliminate any safety hazard or concern. Assists in monitoring of quality of work output.
- Maintains compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Maintains a neat and orderly working area.
- Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to direct Supervisor.
- Appraisals for Shipper/Receiver I, II and Grinder
- Maintains good working relations with all other employees. Strives to have no conflicts with other employees.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer capabilities, including MS Office.
- Understanding of use of warehouse tools.
- Interpersonal skills required to communicate in accurate manner to individuals and to the team to develop a cohesive group.
- Demonstrated ability to display diplomacy in day-to-day interactions with the commitment to task with awareness of urgency.
- The ability to work independently and work as a value add to plant team efforts.
- Valid Driver’s/Forklift License.
- Minimum of one year is Shipper/Receiver II position
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please refer to the Physical Job Description, which is contained as a separate document, for more detail.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
- Pay Type Salary
- Greer, SC, USA