LifeMade - Quality Technician
LifeMade Products LLC, a Jadex Inc operating company, is a global provider of disposable tableware and temperature control packaging solutions supporting a variety of sectors including healthcare and food preservation. We are the industry leader in U.S temperature-control packaging and single-use consumer goods manufacturing. Our brands include LifeMade Consumer Products, Lifoam®, Diamond®, FreezPak®, Envirocooler® and ProPak®. LifeMade Products LLC has 8 manufacturing locations in the domestic United States . Our mission is to create superior products that push industries forward, LifeMade strives to make life – better.
Position Title: Quality Technician
Reports to: Quality Engineer
Inspect, test, sort, sample, or weigh non-agricultural raw materials or processed, machined, fabricated, or assembled parts or products for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications. May use precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment.
· Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, or work for conformance to specifications.
· Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
· Read blueprints, data, manuals, or other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment methods, certification processes, formulas, or measuring instruments required.
· Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded.
· Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.
· Notify supervisors or other personnel of production problems.
· Discard or reject products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications.
· Collect or select samples for testing or for use as models.
· Write test or inspection reports describing results, recommendations, or needed repairs.
· Compare colors, shapes, textures, or grades of products or materials with templates, or samples to verify conformance to standards.
· Assists in conducting operations so as to meet established cost standards for use of materials, supplies and equipment. Follows instructions in the most efficient use of tools, machines and materials.
· Maintains a neat and orderly working area and assists other departments in the cleanliness and organization of working areas when projects overlap other department areas.
· Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to their direct Supervisor. To maintain good working relations with all other employees. Strives to have no conflicts with other department employees.
· Encouraged to bring any ideas to light for possible usage in factory functions.
· Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, or others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
· Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
· Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
· Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Education and Experience
· High School diploma or GED Equivalent.
· 1+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment
· Experience with MS Applications
· Prior Quality Assurance experience.
· Prior LEAN and/or Kaizen experience.
Technical Role Competencies:
· Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
· Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
· Requires up to 9 hours of walking/ standing daily.
· Must be able to lift/ carry up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to push/pull up to 50 lbs.
· Requires repetitive arm wrist and hand movements.
· Must be able to bend/stoop/twist, crouch/squat, reach above and below shoulders.
· Requires ability to reach, grasp, and manipulate objects.
· Ability to operate various machines and hand tools.
· Involves moderate risk or discomforts and special safety precautions; e.g.: working around moving parts, machines.
· Ability to wear PPE including hearing protection, safety glasses and steel/composite toe shoes.
· Moderate/ heavy exposure to heat, cold, dust excessive noise.
· Some overtime and occasional weekends required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
At Jadex, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Jadex is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA