Metropolitan Transportation Center 511 Express Lanes Operator
This position reports to the Express Lanes (EL) Operations Manager.
- Respond to, communicate, and document roadway incidents occurring within MTC’s Express Lanes Roadway Network
- Coordinate with operations partners / stakeholders on incident response, including opening or closing the express lane to traffic.
- Identify, communicate, and document Toll Collection System (TCS) roadway hardware and application issues and failures
- Monitor toll rates, roadway and traffic conditions, and MTC’s Dynamic Pricing Algorithm using online and system-based tools such as CCTV, proprietary tools and reports, Computer Aided Dispatch, and 511.
- Monitor for, investigate, and report issues related to the TCS trip building, image processing, and toll rate assignment.
- Perform manual toll rate overrides based on current traffic conditions and per SOPs.
- Coordinate with MTC and the Toll System Integrator (TSI) to resolve equipment and system issues
- Coordinate with MTC, the TSI, and consultants to respond to inquiries from other agencies or the public.
- Prepare reports (e.g., end of shift, daily, weekly, monthly).
- Perform system functions testing and evidence package review following TCS build deployments and other modifications to the system
- Support emergency operations, including after-hours support of High Profile incidents.
- Maintain skills proficiency in Express Lanes operations.
- Maintain skills proficiency in MTC 511 operations adequately to support augmentation needs.
- Participate in training needed for existing and new systems as they come online.
- Other duties as assigned
- Computer proficiency; skilled in standard software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook)
- Clear and proper oral and written communication
- Experience supervising others in high-stress work environments
- Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts
- Ability and willingness to work as designated Essential Personnel
- Ability and willingness to support as augmented staff to the MTC 511 Operations Center
- General knowledge of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and traffic management standards
- Skilled in the use of Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) applications
- Ability to be calm and effective under pressure and in a variety of work conditions
- Geographic familiarity with regional roadway network
- Problem solving and critical thinking skill
- Effective interpersonal skills with emphasis on positive workplace communication
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Iteris, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
- Job Function TOC
- Pay Type Hourly
- Oakland, CA, USA