Responsibilities for this planner role include performing transportation planning or traffic engineering work in the development of traffic impact studies, parking studies, traffic safety analysis, traffic demand models, signal and/or stop sign warrant analysis, and conceptual design plans
- Perform data analysis of traffic volumes, collision history, travel demand modeling, etc. using Synchro, Traffix, HCS, and/or similar tools
- Prepare graphics/figures using GIS and Corel Draw
- Assist in the preparation of traffic operations analysis reports, traffic impact study reports, and traffic safety studies
- Preparation of conceptual design plans (i.e., roadway, bike lane, pedestrian, transit) using AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Periodically participate in coordination meetings and consults with other staff
- Work with Senior planners and engineers to assist clients in delivering on project needs
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in transportation/planning or related field.
- Familiar with tools such as Synchro, SimTraffic, VISSIM (multi-model traffic flow simulation software package), GIS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning
- Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Iteris, Inc. must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Job Function Systems
- Pay Type Salary
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Santa Ana, CA, USA