MTC 511 Operator
Iteris is a pioneer and leader in transportation innovations and has been for more than 15 years. We have a long history of firsts in our industry, from developing statewide traveler information systems and connected vehicle technologies to traffic performance measurement and analytics software solutions. Our smart detection sensors – which can detect and differentiate between vehicle, pedestrians, cyclists and more – are used in one-third of all signalized intersections in the U.S. and are deployed in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Our 10,000+ customers, including state, local and federal agencies, traffic engineering departments, and commercial enterprise customers, look to Iteris as the “trusted advisor” for guidance on smart mobility best practices and ways to make intersections safer, less congested, and more sustainable and cost-effective to operate.
We are paving the way to the future of transportation and we want you to join us on this important journey.
What you will be doing:
- Monitor Partner Agency Traveler Information Sources and other identified sources/feeds.
- Collect and disseminate traveler information, both traffic and transit, ensuring quality (timely, accurate, and consistent) operational performance.
- Verify accuracy of traveler information, obtaining supplemental information and making edits as necessary before publishing to 511 dissemination channels within established performance timeframe.
- Coordinate with operations partners / stakeholders to obtain updated information on traffic incidents, and monitor systems to ensure updated information is being provided to users.
- Coordinate with operations partners/stakeholders to respond to current and future events, including major traffic and transit disruptions, and emergencies.
- Coordinate directly with Express Lanes (EL) operations staff to obtain and report, via 511 dissemination channels, events that impact EL operations, such as power outages, accidents, and system failures.
- Conduct notifications per escalation procedures in the event of High Profile incidents.
- Perform periodic system checks of the 511 website, 511 phone, and other dissemination channels.
- Perform periodic checks of 511 Driving Times and compare to Caltrans Changeable Message Sign (CMS) driving times.
- Perform periodic checks of 511 Transit Departure Times for Bay Area Transit Agencies to ensure departure times are functional during transit service hours.
- Document system deficiencies, failures and anomalies and make notifications in accordance with SOP.
- Support emergency operations, including after-hours support of High Profile incidents.
- Maintain skills proficiency in MTC 511 operations.
- Maintain skills proficiency in Express Lanes operations adequately to support augmentation needs.
- Participate in training needed for existing and new systems as they come online.
- Other duties as assigned
- Computer proficiency; skilled in standard software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook)
- Clear and proper oral and written communication
- Experience supervising others in high-stress work environments
- Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts
- Ability and willingness to work as designated Essential Personnel
- Ability and willingness to support as augmented staff to the MTC 511 Operations Center
- General knowledge of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and traffic management standards
- Skilled in the use of Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) applications
- Ability to be calm and effective under pressure and in a variety of work conditions
- Geographic familiarity with regional roadway network
- Problem solving and critical thinking skill
- Effective interpersonal skills with emphasis on positive workplace communication
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function TOC
- Pay Type Hourly
- San Francisco, CA, USA