MTC 511 Operator
This position reports to the 511 Operations Supervisor.
- Monitor Partner Agency Traveler Information Sources and other identified sources/feeds.
- Collect and disseminate traveler information, both traffic and transit, ensuring quality (timely, accurate, and consistent) operational performance.
- Verify accuracy of traveler information, obtaining supplemental information and making edits as necessary before publishing to 511 dissemination channels within established performance timeframe.
- Coordinate with operations partners / stakeholders to obtain updated information on traffic incidents, and monitor systems to ensure updated information is being provided to users.
- Coordinate with operations partners/stakeholders to respond to current and future events, including major traffic and transit disruptions, and emergencies.
- Coordinate directly with Express Lanes (EL) operations staff to obtain and report, via 511 dissemination channels, events that impact EL operations, such as power outages, accidents, and system failures.
- Conduct notifications per escalation procedures in the event of High Profile incidents.
- Perform periodic system checks of the 511 website, 511 phone, and other dissemination channels.
- Perform periodic checks of 511 Driving Times and compare to Caltrans Changeable Message Sign (CMS) driving times.
- Perform periodic checks of 511 Transit Departure Times for Bay Area Transit Agencies to ensure departure times are functional during transit service hours.
- Document system deficiencies, failures and anomalies and make notifications in accordance with SOP.
- Support emergency operations, including after-hours support of High Profile incidents.
- Maintain skills proficiency in MTC 511 operations.
- Maintain skills proficiency in Express Lanes operations adequately to support augmentation needs.
- Participate in training needed for existing and new systems as they come online.
- Other duties as assigned
- Computer proficiency; skilled in standard software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook)
- Clear and proper oral and written communication
- Experience supervising others in high-stress work environments
- Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts
- Ability and willingness to work as designated Essential Personnel
- Ability and willingness to support as augmented staff to the MTC 511 Operations Center
- General knowledge of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and traffic management standards
- Skilled in the use of Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) applications
- Ability to be calm and effective under pressure and in a variety of work conditions
- Geographic familiarity with regional roadway network
- Problem solving and critical thinking skill
- Effective interpersonal skills with emphasis on positive workplace communication
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Iteris, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
- Job Function TOC
- Pay Type Hourly
- San Francisco, CA, USA