Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Iteris is a pioneer and leader in transportation innovations and has been for more than 15 years. We have a long history of firsts in our industry, from developing statewide traveler information systems and connected vehicle technologies to traffic performance measurement and analytics software solutions. Our smart detection sensors – which can detect and differentiate between vehicle, pedestrians, cyclists and more – are used in one-third of all signalized intersections in the U.S. and are deployed in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Our 10,000+ customers, including state, local and federal agencies, traffic engineering departments, and commercial enterprise customers, look to Iteris as the “trusted advisor” for guidance on smart mobility best practices and ways to make intersections safer, less congested, and more sustainable and cost-effective to operate.
We are paving the way to the future of transportation and we want you to join us on this important journey.
Iteris is seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer.
What you will be doing:
Executes full embedded software development life cycle. Designs and develop well written, testable code to generate features related to backend, front-end graphical user interface (GUI) and set-up tools. Advises on overall code design.
- Develop and implement software of embedded devices and systems
- Develop, code, test and troubleshoot the system software
- Provide postproduction support when necessary
- Analyze, monitor and improve efficiency, stability of the system
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Support software QA and field testing
- Independently creates code in various languages. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle.
- Collaborates and communicates with team, product owner, management, testers for feature / SW delivery.
- Minimum 4-5 plus years of experience in Linux OS, writing and debugging Linux drivers (SPI, UART, I2C, RS-485, etc.)
- At least five (5) years of experience in embedded software development/engineering, development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Creates code in various languages such as C#, C++, Java, Python, Linux Scripts
- Experience working with ARM processors and Microcontrollers
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Agile/Scrum Development Process desired
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Accuracy -- the extent to which an individual's work is correct and error free within company policies and guidelines.
- Autonomy -- the ability of the individual to complete assigned tasks with little oversight.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Technical aptitude -- the ability of the individual to relate to topics which require an understanding or specialized knowledge.
- Interpersonal skills -- the ability of the individual to develop and maintain relationships with others
- Leadership skills -- how well the individual motivates and guides others to ensure performance in accordance with clear expectations and goals. It involves attracting, supporting, developing, and retaining a talented and diverse workforce.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function Roadways Sensors
- Pay Type Salary
- Santa Ana, CA, USA