Regional Transportation Management Center Operator II
Tampa, FL, USA Req #88
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Iteris is a pioneer and leader in transportation innovations and has been for more than 15 years. We have a long history of firsts in our industry, from developing statewide traveler information systems and connected vehicle technologies to traffic performance measurement and analytics software solutions. Our smart detection sensors – which can detect and differentiate between vehicle, pedestrians, cyclists and more – are used in one-third of all signalized intersections in the U.S. and are deployed in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Our 10,000+ customers, including state, local and federal agencies, traffic engineering departments, and commercial enterprise customers, look to Iteris as the “trusted advisor” for guidance on smart mobility best practices and ways to make intersections safer, less congested, and more sustainable and cost-effective to operate.
We are paving the way to the future of transportation and we want you to join us on this important journey.
What you will be doing:
The RTMC Operators are responsible for the principal monitoring of the roadways including detecting, confirming, updating and responding to scheduled and unscheduled traffic incidents, congestion and travel-time imbalances in the geographical coverage area with monitoring and/or surveillance capabilities. The operator positions are the highest profile positions in the RTMC as they are the eyes and ears of detection and management of all activities being handled by the RTMC.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- RTMC Operator II will have a minimum of one year of experience as an Operator I in an RTMC or in a facility similar to the RTMC.
- Before becoming an RTMC Operator II, the employee will satisfactorily complete RTMC “on-the-job” training.
- Experience in a facility similar to the RTMC may suffice to meet this requirement. The use of prior experience to substitute for minimum requirements must receive the approval of the Department’s Contract Manager prior to individual being hired or promoted.
- Good working knowledge of traffic management software such as FDOT’s SunGuide software and related software and systems.
- Ability, with limited supervision, to function as an RTMC Operator III.
- Skills in interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information in layman’s terms.
- Ability to clearly communicate information over a radio system or network.
- Ability and willingness to work alternate work, shift schedules, and be on-call 24 hours/day.
- Skill in the use of Windows based applications.
- Ability to write reports clearly and concisely.
- Ability to coordinate real time activities and priorities.
- Knowledge of communications and disseminating information via multiple communications devices.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function RTMC
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tampa, FL, USA