Santa Ana, CA, USA Req #82
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Iteris is a pioneer and leader in transportation innovations and has been for more than 15 years. We have a long history of firsts in our industry, from developing statewide traveler information systems and connected vehicle technologies to traffic performance measurement and analytics software solutions. Our smart detection sensors – which can detect and differentiate between vehicle, pedestrians, cyclists and more – are used in one-third of all signalized intersections in the U.S. and are deployed in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Our 10,000+ customers, including state, local and federal agencies, traffic engineering departments, and commercial enterprise customers, look to Iteris as the “trusted advisor” for guidance on smart mobility best practices and ways to make intersections safer, less congested, and more sustainable and cost-effective to operate.
We are paving the way to the future of transportation and we want you to join us on this important journey.
Iteris is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support a fast-paced technical product manufacturing department, interfacing between Engineering and Manufacturing. Working with a mix of automated and manual assembly and test processes for mechanical and electronics systems. Accountable for new product introduction to the floor. Develops test and assembly processes for newly released products.
What you will be doing:
- Develops, implements and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Interfaces with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products. Liaison between engineering and manufacturing. Represents manufacturing in regards to manufacturability of product. Helps in the troubleshooting of failed product.
- Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations, analyzing and planning work flow and equipment needs.
- Maintain test and assembly processes for manufacturing. Assists with engineering testing.
- Creates or updates routers as required.
- Data collection for manufacturing, return merchandise authorizations (RMA), shipping / warranty information and cost reduction efforts.
- Work with Engineering to define and document tests and test fixtures, both in house and for the CM. Support test and production problems at the CM. Support test and production in-house.
- Support the quality function in identifying and resolving product quality issues.
- Communicates with senior stakeholders within the enterprise on matters that require explanation, interpretation, and / or advising; typically has responsibility communicating to parties outside of the organization.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum five (5) plus years of experience in manufacturing process
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in testing
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Manufacturing Engineering or related engineering field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail orientation -- the ability of the individual to pay meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant.
- Working knowledge of PCs, and basic networking
- Aptitude to read schematics and assembly drawings
- Proficient in defining processes and test flows
- Knowledge of electronics assembly and quality requirements
- Ability to interface comfortably with co-workers with less technical skills and also co-workers with greater technical skills
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Working under pressure -- the ability of the individual to maintain composure when exposed to stress.
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function Roadways Sensors
- Pay Type Salary
- Santa Ana, CA, USA