Manager, Sales - Advanced Solutions
Virtual Req #79
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Iteris is a pioneer and leader in transportation innovations and has been for more than 15 years. We have a long history of firsts in our industry, from developing statewide traveler information systems and connected vehicle technologies to traffic performance measurement and analytics software solutions. Our smart detection sensors – which can detect and differentiate between vehicle, pedestrians, cyclists and more – are used in one-third of all signalized intersections in the U.S. and are deployed in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Our 10,000+ customers, including state, local and federal agencies, traffic engineering departments, and commercial enterprise customers, look to Iteris as the “trusted advisor” for guidance on smart mobility best practices and ways to make intersections safer, less congested, and more sustainable and cost-effective to operate.
We are paving the way to the future of transportation and we want you to join us on this important journey.
Iteris is seeking a Manager, Sales Engineering - Advanced Solutions Sales.
What you will be doing:
Responsible for driving sales growth of Iteris software, and bundled solutions . Focus will be in the Western area particularly on California, as well as adjacent states. Iteris has a wide range of solutions, all based on its ClearMobility strategy, and the NSE will play a central role in advancing this strategy within its transportation customer base.
- Function as an “overlay” sales organization, working with the geographic sales teams to grow and manage the pipeline for Iteris' advanced traffic solutions (including SaaS and cloud-enabled managed services).
- Ultimately be measured by sales success (bookings and recognized revenue).
- Work in conjunction with Iteris sales managers and distributors to directly interact with customers or support activities that will lead to closed sales. The principal indicator of success will be sales volume, but the NSEs will also be measured by their ability to effectively work with the regional sales team and the distributors.
- Make presentations, respond to RFPs/RFIs, generate proposals, and conduct demos if necessary.
- Ensure that the team of NSEs is on track to lead Iteris into a new generation of business success.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in sales or business development in a technology field, with software sales experience being highly desirable.
- Minimum three (3) years managing a team of sales or business development professionals
- At least seven (7) years of experience in traffic or related industry, such as software sales; deep knowledge of capital goods sales; knowledge of government procurement processes; understanding of the inter-workings of government agencies, including municipal planning organizations and councils of governments
- Demonstrated experience in cultivating “greenfield” markets
- Fundamental understanding of effectively selling long-sales cycle products and services and knowing how to establish ways to improve sales velocity
- Experienced in working with both direct and indirect salespeople
- Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in business or technically-oriented field; MBA is considered a plus.
- A degree in civil engineering --particularly in traffic management or design --would be ideal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and preferred previous experience using Salesforce.com
- Consultative sales
- Ability to drive sales growth in a slow-growth market in the public sector
- Ability to drive collaborative solutions
- Ability to abstract and synthesize solution sales opportunities
- Business acumen -- the ability of the individual to understand and discriminate between various business related topics and issues.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer orientation -- a desire to serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the clients' needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Goal orientation -- the ability of the individual to act to ensure that they and others stay focused on the task objective and perform in accordance with clear expectations and goals.
- Persuasiveness -- the ability of the individual to influence others toward some action or point of view; for example, recommending an innovative solution to a problem.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Pay Type Salary