Regional VP Sales, Eastern Area
Are you someone looking to take your sales leadership
abilities to the next level? We’re looking for that Eastern-region based
senior sales manager who will be leading a team of sales managers, product
support engineers, and distributors for Iteris. The area spans Canada
through Florida and is in the exciting areas of traffic and transportation hardware,
software and managed services. Our business is primarily in the public
sector, so we’ll be looking for people with direct sales experience into the
government sector, or applicable experience in leading teams selling long-sales
cycle, technical solutions. Service and relationships are huge for us, so
“quick-hit” sales managers need not apply. If you’re looking for a job of
babysitting purchase orders or improving the status quo, then this isn’t the
job for you. We’re looking for those leaders who embrace long-term
relationships and understand the meaning of lifetime customer value, but within
the context of innovating the way we sell a deliver value to our
- Manage day-to-day sales and support through the territories through the effective management of the regional and sales manager, as well as the product support engineers
- Develop strategies to expand Iteris' market share, driving a culture of solution selling, and managing and overseeing KPIs.
- Responsible for understanding and communicating the market developing trajectory for the territory
- Anticipate to be called upon frequently, to report on the sales status of the area.
- Communicates regularly with parties within and outside of function. Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors and functional peer groups. Periodically interacts with executives and senior stakeholders across the enterprise. Typically communicates with parties outside of the organization.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in sales management within the transportation/traffic industry, or a related industry that sells into the government sector, with a minimum of 3 years at the senior manager or director level
- Experience in managing sales growth of a territory: establishing strategies, their underlying tactics, and executing against them
- Fundamental understanding of effectively selling long-sales cycle products and services and knowing how to establish ways to improve sales velocity
- Experience in managing both direct and indirect sales channels
- Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus
- Bachelor's degree in business or technically-oriented field; MBA is considered a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and preferred previous experience using Salesforce.com
- Consultative sales
- Ability to drive sales growth in a slow-growth market in the public sector
- Ability to drive collaborative solutions
- Ability to abstract and synthesize solution sales opportunities
- Business acumen -- the ability of the individual to understand and discriminate between various business related topics and issues.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer orientation -- a desire to serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the clients' needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Goal orientation -- the ability of the individual to act to ensure that they and others stay focused on the task objective and perform in accordance with clear expectations and goals.
- Persuasiveness -- the ability of the individual to influence others toward some action or point of view; for example, recommending an innovative solution to a problem.
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
- Pay Type Salary