Senior Buyer / Planner
Iteris is a pioneer and leader in transportation innovations and has been for more than 15 years. We have a long history of firsts in our industry, from developing statewide traveler information systems and connected vehicle technologies to traffic performance measurement and analytics software solutions. Our smart detection sensors – which can detect and differentiate between vehicle, pedestrians, cyclists and more – are used in one-third of all signalized intersections in the U.S. and are deployed in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Our 10,000+ customers, including state, local and federal agencies, traffic engineering departments, and commercial enterprise customers, look to Iteris as the “trusted advisor” for guidance on smart mobility best practices and ways to make intersections safer, less congested, and more sustainable and cost-effective to operate.
We are paving the way to the future of transportation and we want you to join us on this important journey.
Iteris is seeking a Senior Buyer/Planner.
What you will be doing:
Responsible for and manage purchasing, materials requirements planning, supplier relationship management, product life cycle, and service design. Identify qualified suppliers, establish contractual arrangements for procurement, and ensure timely delivery of material to meet the goals of the Advanced Sensors Technology prototype and production requirements. Analyze material exception reports from MRP and material requests to determine efficient quantities to purchase.
- Track trend information, monitor shipping volumes, review patterns in ordering and receiving of goods.
- Coordinate with other departments (engineering, sales administration, purchasing, manufacturing, etc.) as required to maintain material pipeline and schedules
- Daily purchasing of materials and goods to support manufacturing to ensure the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary to keep production up and running..
- Maintain drop shipments orders, schedules, and monitor the closing of purchase orders when product(s)
- Work closely with suppliers to identify and implement cost reductions in materials
- Validate purchase orders and requisitions within Oracle. Update with new information and delivery dates. Communicate with appropriate managers.
- Develops specifications for new contract orders. Gathers quotations, examines bids and makes awards. Monitors cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- Collaborate with management in the evaluation of vendors. Audit vendor reliability, product performance, and assist in the development of new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are no longer competitive.
- Support material planner(s) on critical material need dates, expedite orders as needed.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in Purchasing and Material Planning environment, prefer at least six (6) years
- Minimum three (3) plus years of experience in enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems or related field
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent, Field of Study: Supply chain management, Distribution Management, Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, or similar field
- APICS or similar industry certification: CPIM, CSCP or SCOR-P a plus
- General Windows and Microsoft Office skills. Above average skills with MS Excel.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Interpersonal skills -- the ability of the individual to develop and maintain relationships with others.
- Negotiation skills -- the ability of the individual to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function Roadways Sensors
- Pay Type Salary
- Santa Ana, CA, USA