Transportation Operations Center Operator/Controller
What you will be doing:
Must inform Emergency Services of traffic events, package the information received from traffic monitoring activities, public safety agency scanners, pagers, email alerts, and field devices for dissemination to real-time traffic reporting media such as the 511 telephone system, websites, and alert systems. This position will also be required to answer telephones, manage incident information, create incident alerts and send out by e-mail and pager. Will adhere to the SOP guidelines and processes
The job responsibilities include monitoring traffic status, special events, scheduled events, active events, and incident fault status using CCTV cameras, SSP reports, VSP reports, internal systems, GUI display/detector data, etc. This position will also manage events using the ATMS which includes, but is not limited to: detection, verification, response, notification, DMS activation, and incident reporting. These steps must be processed through to completion.
This position is defined as essential personnel and may require additional hours and flexibility of scheduling in response to increased demands or significant events.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- 6 months experience using MS Office or other computer applications
- Minimum 6 months experience working as a TOC Operator
- Customer Service experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills over phone and in person
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to take direction and follow detailed procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Punctual and reliable schedule adherence
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function TOC
- Pay Type Hourly
- Salem, VA 24153, USA