What you will be doing:
- Optimize the Oracle ERP system and ensure proper controls and processes are in place to maximize its value.
- Review all accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with US GAAP, SEC Reporting, and best practices.
- Ensure leadership team complies with the company's Internal Controls.
- Develop best practices and perform process improvement activities that will accelerate monthly close and quarterly & annual reporting activities.
- Provide timely and accurate monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and explain material variances versus budget/forecast/prior year
- Optimize the entire reporting cycle, from shortening the monthly close, to internal/external reporting of financial statements
- Provide thought leadership on appropriate accounting for new accounting standards. Establish subject matter expertise on existing and emerging accounting and reporting standards from the associated governing bodies (i.e., FASB)
- Ensure adherence to SOX 302 and 404 standards.
- Provide best-in-class support to internal customers to drive business value through streamlined processes and timely reporting
- Utilize world class project management skills to ensure projects are accounted for properly and completed in a timely manner
- Build a top-rate Accounting team through the effective recruiting, development and mentoring of high-potential talent
- Continually refine the roles & responsibilities for the Accounting team as the business changes and continually assess if team members possess the right skills to support the job accountabilities & expected performance standards of excellence
- Minimum 12 years of progressively responsible Financial and Accounting management experience, of which at least five (5) years at the Controller level of a Company with revenues of greater than $100M
- Familiarity with multi-element arrangements and percentage of completion accounting and ASC 606 (revenue recognition) experience is preferred.
- SEC Reporting experience is required
- Experience working with government agencies (i.e. FAR and DCAA regulations) is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Master's Degree Preferred, Field of Study: Business Administration Accounting, Finance or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required; MBA is preferred.
- Understanding of Project Costing is a plus
- Strong internal control orientation
- Strong project management skills- good judgement
- Strong personality -a thick skin- has the ability to get the job done
- Proven ability to build strong business relationships at all levels throughout an organization
- Strong leadership skills and proven track record of recruiting and developing talent
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including a proficiency to present complex business issues to all levels of management
- Experience in effectively leading teams through a rapidly changing business environment with a bias toward continuous improvement in all aspects of the accounting group
- Experience, and comfort, working in fast-paced environment with ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Integrity and ethics that are beyond reproach
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and more)
- 401k with company match on day 1
- Paid Time Off
- Great culture
- Career growth
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function Admin - Corporate
- Pay Type Salary
- Santa Ana, CA, USA