Technical Support Specialist
What you will be doing:
- Technical resource, in the field at job sites and remotely, for distributor partners and end user customers.
- Support installation and turn-on activities for hardware and software solutions offered.
- Train technical staff with partners, contractors and end user customers.
- Troubleshoot field anomalies and product/software bugs, document and communicate to the factory and follow up with a resolution to the end user customer and distributor.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a technical support role at a public agency or contractor maintaining and supporting traffic control equipment on the street and in the back office.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience and/or familiarity with Iteris detection systems preferred or competitor.
- Working knowledge of traffic controllers (Siemens or competitors), traffic cabinets and field systems.
- Installation and turn-on support for new intersection equipment and maintenance of existing systems.
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent, Field of Study: Computer Science, Computer Software or related field
- Technical trade school or military training with focus on electronics
- IMSA Certification - Level II or higher preferred
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and more)
- 401k with company match on day 1
- Paid Time Off
- Great culture
- Career growth
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function Roadways Sensors
- Pay Type Salary