TCI - TOC Operator/Controller
Are you a reliable, motivated person who has a keen eye for detail? Like to look at maps and solve puzzles? We have just the job for you in our fast-growing company! Iteris, a leader in the provision of digital traffic data, is seeking an Operator to support our 24-hour Traffic Operations Center in Madison, Wisconsin. Using cutting-edge technology, you'll be curating traffic incidents and construction records across the U.S. and Canada.
The applicant must have a high school diploma, or equivalent, with experience in using the Internet and mapping applications such as Google Maps. Applicants should also have some basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office and be able to multitask in order to monitor different traffic sources.
This position is currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic but will eventually report to our office in Middleton. Flexible schedules available, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Proactively enter, edit, and monitor traffic incident information derived from Iteris data feeds, review of cameras, online traffic reports, social and commercial media, police/fire scanners, and other sources
- Communicate with local agencies regarding traffic incident information
- Report Iteris system performance and feed reliability issues
- Document and maintain traffic records as required
- Other tasks as may emerge from time to time
- Answer telephones, manage incident information, create incident alerts and send out by e-mail and pager.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum six (6) months experience using Windows, MS Office, mapping, or other computer applications
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Excellent verbal communication skills over phone and in person
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to take direction and follow detailed procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Punctual and reliable schedule adherence
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and more)
- 401k with company match on day 1
- Paid Time Off
- Great culture
- Career growth
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function TOC
- Pay Type Hourly
- Madison, WI, USA