Director, Business Development
Virtual Req #55
Thursday, February 11, 2021
Develop business for the Consulting Services Business Line of Iteris at a national scale. Lead key growth initiatives across the country related to consulting offerings. Collaborate with practice builders in the pursuit of new traffic operations, ITS and transportation technology solution programs and projects. Business Development will include identification and coordination of large pursuits, development and maintenance of partner relationships, and management of key client relationships.
- Coordinate with teaming partners nationally to leverage relationships
- Responsibilities include performing transportation planning or traffic engineering work in the development of plans, design, traffic operations, signal systems management and operations, preparation of reports, and budget estimates.
- Serve as project manager on very large projects and expert advisor on smaller projects. Involved in client relationships and strategic pursuits.
- Regular coordination with public agencies and sub consultants.
- Develop and maintain client partnerships.
- Cultivate strategic thinking to grow business and increase return client rates.
- Perform design and programming activities involving multiple modules or subsystems.
- Periodically participate in coordination meetings and consults with other staff.
- Create documentation required of the product.
- Collaborate with engineers and planners to create more efficient methods and maintain profitability.
- Identify technology solutions for clients.
- Define client needs and develop a plan and proposal for delivery of the project.
- Position will be located near an Iteris office, with some remote and some work in office
- Travel will be extensive nationally - approximately 30-40% of the time
- Minimum seven (7) plus years an an expert in transportation planning, experienced engineering ITS world
- Minimum five (5) years of experience leading teams/groups of professionals
- Experience in planning, traffic operations, ITS planning, design and deployment, as well as strong general engineering abilities.
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Masters' Degree preferred, Field of Study: Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certificate desired
- A strategic thinker
- Passionate for traffic engineering
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Job Function Systems
- Pay Type Salary