Idaho Falls, ID, USA Req #52
Monday, February 1, 2021
We are looking for a Software Developer to produce functional and robust software solutions. You will work within the Scrum team to understand the business, functional, and technical requirements and help design and develop solutions to important problems our users face.
By working closely with the other developers on the team, you will have many opportunities to mentor and lead others. Your expertise in development will help drive and motivate your team to success. Additionally you will work closely with the product owner, product manager, project manager as well as the technical project lead to develop a software solution solves important user problems and drives platform architecture forward to be better positioned to solve the next problem.
Solve moderate technical problems using varying technologies. Contributor to the code base for the product, creating new code and refactoring existing code to continually improve the product's adherence to market requirements, architectural requirements, and product requirements. Works with peers to implement and improve solutions and follow guidance from more experience employees.
- Focus on completing feature requests from clients and developing new solutions to meet evolving needs, modernizing services, responding to feature requests, and correcting defects at the root, while mentoring team members in new technologies and exploring new aspects of the architectural solution.
- Responsible for the maintenance, innovation, and development of current and new software applications
- Write and review high-quality code for software solutions
- Identify, create, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Mentor and learn from fellow developers and staff
- Collaborate with team members to create robust solutions
- Follow software development industry best practices
- Work with clients and project management staff to identify technical requirements
- Minimum three (3) years of software development experience in C# .NET, .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, or similar technologies
- Minimum three (3) years of SQL Server/Oracle experience
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Data Science, or related field
- Accountability -- the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility.
- Analytical skills -- the ability of the individual to gather raw data and to process that data into a meaningful form.
- Autonomy -- the ability of the individual to complete assigned tasks with little oversight.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Detail orientation -- the ability of the individual to pay meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant.
- Initiative -- the ability of the individual to act and take steps to solve or settle an issue.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Problem solving skills -- the ability of the individual to recognize courses of action which can be taken to handle problems or potential problems, and applying contingency plans to solve those problems.
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Job Function Software Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Idaho Falls, ID, USA