Senior Software Engineer
Philadelphia, PA, USA Req #48
Monday, January 25, 2021
Iteris is seeking a high-energy, experienced server-side software developer with solid experience in Java, Python, Go, and like languages to help drive design, development, and ongoing commercialization of Iteris systems. Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, the Sr. Software Engineer serves as a key team member and an active participant in making of strategic technology decisions affecting Iteris products.
The Senior Software Engineer will have primary responsibility for developing the architecture, code base, integration, and implementation of server-side software in a multi-platform, real-time environment that is the backend for various mobile applications. In this role, the person will work in an exciting and engaging agile environment where they will be encouraged to expand their skills, test their creative boundaries, share new ideas, and most importantly - have fun.
Responsible for developing the architecture, code base, integration, and implementation of server-side software in a multi-platform, real-time environment that is the back-end for various mobile applications. Solve complex technical problems using varying technologies while mentoring peers on new and emerging ways to tackle the common problems. High contributor to the code base for the product, creating new code and refactoring existing code to continually improve the product's adherence to market requirements, architectural requirements, and product requirements.
- Analyzes requirements and converts to functional software to be validated by product.
- Participate as a principle contributor in design reviews, code reviews, and technical planning sessions to design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code in a cloud environment.
- Serve as technical lead on key initiatives.
- Collaborate in the process of conceiving, specifying, designing, programming, documenting, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications, frameworks, or other software components.
- Participate in the process of writing and maintaining the source code. It includes all that is involved between the conception of the desired software through to the final manifestation of the software, sometimes in a planned and structured process.
- Develops functional software in accordance with the defined requirements.
- Contribute to cross-functional projects in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Implement automated unit and integration tests (TDD preferred).
- Translate verbal requirements into written use cases and testable stories.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to anticipate, mitigate, and address these issues ahead of time.
Qualifications Required:Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Minimum five (5) years of Software Engineering experience
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with Java, C++, SQL with either MySQL or PostgreSQL, Object-Oriented Programming desired
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Data Science, or related field
- Accountability -- the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility.
- Analytical skills -- the ability of the individual to gather raw data and to process that data into a meaningful form.
- Autonomy -- the ability of the individual to complete assigned tasks with little oversight.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Detail orientation -- the ability of the individual to pay meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant.
- Conflict resolution -- how effectively the individual deals with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Coaching and development -- the ability of an individual to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Job Function Software Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Philadelphia, PA, USA