Senior PHP/Laravel Software Engineer
- Contribute to cross-functional projects in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Implement automated unit and integration tests (Test-Drive Development (TDD) preferred).
- Translate verbal requirements into written use cases and testable stories.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code in a cloud environment.
- Write maintainable, readable code.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to anticipate, mitigate, and address these issues ahead of time.
- Operationally support systems for the business.
- Implement and Monitor analytics to ensure the health of systems.
- Analyze requirements and convert to functional software to be validated by product.
- Serve as technical lead on key initiatives.
- Collaborate in the process of conceiving, specifying, designing, programming, documenting, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications, frameworks, or other software components.
- Participate in the process of writing and maintaining the source code. It includes all that is involved between the conception of the desired software through to the final manifestation of the software, sometimes in a planned and structured process.
- Develops functional software in accordance with the defined requirements.
- Develop repeatable processes; clearly communicate ideas and expectations.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum five (5) years of Software Engineering experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of PHP experience.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Laravel and Python; Python 3 is a plus.
- Additional experience in -- Object-Oriented Programming, SQL with either MySQL or PostgreSQL, Azure or similar cloud environments, Linux and knowledge about Shell scripting, Java, Docker is a plus, Apache Tomcat application server, php-fpm and NGinX, cloud-based software architectures, AWS preferred
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Data Science, or related field
- Accountability -- the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility.
- Analytical skills -- the ability of the individual to gather raw data and to process that data into a meaningful form.
- Autonomy -- the ability of the individual to complete assigned tasks with little oversight.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Detail orientation -- the ability of the individual to pay meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant.
- Conflict resolution -- how effectively the individual deals with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Coaching and development -- the ability of an individual to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and more)
- 401k with company match on day 1
- Paid Time Off
- Great culture
- Career growth
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Pay Type Salary
- Philadelphia, PA, USA