District Sales Manager
- Schedule, coordinate, and conduct virtual or on site customer sales calls to city, county, DOT, MPO and other public agencies about Iteris hardware and software (SaaS) solutions.
- Ability to reach out and meet with decision makers and influencers within government agencies.
- Demonstrate Iteris solutions using hardware and software support tools during in person or web meeting presentations.
- Work closely with channel partner staff to identify and pursue new business and maintain existing customer business to achieve sales targets.
- Coordinate and work with Iteris product support and training teams to schedule work, educate end user customers, distributor partners, and installation contractors to support sales growth in the region.
- Organize, attend, and coordinate regional trade shows displaying Iteris offerings with channel partners.
- Attend and participate at regional industry meetings.
- Use Salesforce.com to manage customers accounts, channel partner activities, opportunities and overall sales process.
- Use of social media to expand Iteris footprint in the region and visibility of self to grow business.
- 50% travel in the territory scheduled and self planned annually
- Minimum three (3) years of sales experience
- Software sales experience and or sales experience to public agencies preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and in Salesforce
- Fundamental understanding of the internal operations of an agency traffic department
- Experience with sales to government institutions at the local or state level
- Expertise in the traffic and transportation industry
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Business Administration, Sales, Marketing or related field
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions. .
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Persistence -- the ability of the individual to continue in a course of action in the face of adversity.
- Persuasiveness -- the ability of the individual to influence others toward some action or point of view; for example, recommending an innovative solution to a problem.
- Presentation skills -- the ability of the individual to effectively present information to a group.
- Sales ability -- whether an individual can use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Self-motivational skills -- the ability of the individual to reach a goal or perform a task with little supervision or direction.
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Ohio, USA