Iteris is a pioneer and leader in transportation innovations and has been for more than 15 years. We have a long history of firsts in our industry, from developing statewide traveler information systems and connected vehicle technologies to traffic performance measurement and analytics software solutions. Our smart detection sensors – which can detect and differentiate between vehicle, pedestrians, cyclists and more – are used in one-third of all signalized intersections in the U.S. and are deployed in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Our 10,000+ customers, including state, local and federal agencies, traffic engineering departments, and commercial enterprise customers, look to Iteris as the “trusted advisor” for guidance on smart mobility best practices and ways to make intersections safer, less congested, and more sustainable and cost-effective to operate.
We are paving the way to the future of transportation and we want you to join us on this important journey.
What you will be doing:
Iteris data scientists will advocate, evangelize, build and modify data-fueled transportation analytics products that help our customers make more informed decisions and improve transportation networks. In this role, you will work as an expert with a variety of datasets developing efficient methods to support leading analytic practices and data visualizations, and to design and lead iterative learning platforms, to ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of our core deliverables.
You will work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas leading applied analytics initiatives that are leveraged across the breadth of our solutions for the transportation market space. This will include research, design, validation and implementation of cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes.
As a data scientist, you will provide expertise on mathematical and statistical concepts and apply them for adoption in advanced analytics applications.
What you need to be successful in this role:
The successful candidate will have 3 years of experience in a similar role in data science, working to derive insights from large transportation-related data sets for a Transportation company. The successful candidate will utilize analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets then use this information to develop data-driven solutions to difficult business challenges.
The successful candidate will have three (3) years of experience in a Data Scientist position, and will:
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and designers to derive value from transportation data sets
- Prototype implementations of predictive traffic/transportation models
- Propose new research projects to add value to product lines
- Build effective data visualizations that communicate insights to customers and business leaders
- Perform exploratory data analysis on new data sets to support strategic initiatives
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's Degree preferred in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Data Science, or related field preferred
- Experience working with big data sets
- Experience with scripting and data analysis programming languages like Python or R
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with data visualization
- Project Management experience
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.