District Sales Manager
- Direct account responsibility, as directed by the Supervisor, as well as responsibility over dealer sales, again as directed by the Supervisor.
- Employee shall carry a sales quota and will be generally expected to meet/exceed quotas as this is the general barometer for determining success on the job.
- Present to and demonstrate Iteris offerings to end user accounts. Direct sales calls to existing accounts and cold calling/prospecting to new account targets to grow overall business in the region.
- Work directly with clients to provide support documentation and influence for project specifications to meet customer needs. Review project plans and make recommendations to end users on solutions and provide price quotes.
- Provide input to refine business plans, participate in quarterly business reviews, and support development and implementation of tactical strategies to grow sales.
- Coordinate schedule and prioritize technical training activities to distributors and end user accounts.
- Participate and present at regional trade shows and industry events.
- Manage jobs, help set the objectives and plans for organization.
- Facilitate execution, coordination, and communication across teams to achieve performance objects.
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Business Administration, Sales, Marketing or related field)
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a sales management role.
- Minimum eight (8) years of all-encompassing sales experience
- Hands knowledge using CRM for pipeline tracking and opportunity management
- Proficiency working with distributors of traffic management/detection equipment
- Operational understanding of the funding flow of public-sector ITS projects
- Fundamental understanding of the internal operations of an agency traffic department
- Experience with sales to government institutions at the local or state level
- Expertise in the traffic and transportation industry
- Experience with traffic detection systems; further experience with other ITS components (controllers, cabinets, modules, ATMS considered a plus)
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Persistence -- the ability of the individual to continue in a course of action in the face of adversity.
- Persuasiveness -- the ability of the individual to influence others toward some action or point of view; for example, recommending an innovative solution to a problem.
- Presentation skills -- the ability of the individual to effectively present information to a group.
- Sales ability -- whether an individual can use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Self-motivational skills -- the ability of the individual to reach a goal or perform a task with little supervision or direction.
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary