Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Center (CSC) is a key connection point between the public and the state DOT, providing travel conditions, initiating work orders (by request), and connecting the public with information and resources.
- Provides effective customer service by responding to inquiries and concerns from citizens, visitors to the Commonwealth, and others on a multitude of issues related to state DOT projects, programs, services and resources.
- Uses established protocols and procedures to ensure accurate and consistent responses for inquiries, focusing on addressing the specific issue as quickly as possible.
- Interaction with customers is primarily through the use of phone and email, but also use of other technology resources as needed (e.g., entering work orders, referral to internet and other resources such as VA 511, etc.); refers more complex issues to appropriate designee.
- Designated as essential personnel and, as such, all duties associated with this job are required during emergency situations which may include but are not limited to inclement weather, disaster response and emergency operations.
- Experience involving attention to detail with the ability to work independently, multi-task, and to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Minimum of 6 months experience using MS Office including Internet Explorer.
- Experience working in a customer service team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers and other partners orally and in writing (grammar, voice, and diction) in a customer-focused environment required.
- Conflict management skills to effectively deal with all types of customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to work extended shifts, holidays, nights and weekend hours as well as during emergency weather events.
- Punctual and reliable schedule adherence.
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Salem, VA 24153, USA