Technician - Parking Technician
City Creek, Salt Lake City, UT, USA Req #12
Monday, January 11, 2021
Utah Property Management Associates manages Utah Property Management Associates (UPMA) is a highly experienced property management company. Operating under three working groups—Commercial Office, Residential, and Parking—our management teams are skilled and knowledgeable in each of their respective fields. The passion for the work we do strengthens as we partner with communities in which reside, supporting a vibrant future and leaving a rich legacy to the generations that follow.
The Parking Maintenance Technician is responsible for working as a collaborative team member performing duties with the highest efficiency and quality to assure the company parking system remains a best-in-class parking experience for those who visit, work, or live at the Company assets being served by the parking program. This position requires experience in technical maintenance including parking equipment hardware, software and basic electrical and mechanical.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Greeting customers and handling their inquiries and parking access needs in the lane in a professional and timely manner.
- Promote effective positive working relationships with team members, vendors, customers, business tenants and residents.
- Completion of detailed documentation regarding self-initiated work performance, inspections and calls for service.
- Daily evaluation of the condition and functionality of parking equipment and facilities for parking assets in the company.
- Assure cleanliness of the parking facilities which includes graffiti removal, drain cleaning and equipment component cleaning.
- Performance of maintenance corrective actions including lighting replacements, parking equipment malfunctions, structural concerns, and signage issues.
- Receive and respond to daily calls to evaluate and correct malfunctions in parking equipment including repair of all electrical, communication and mechanical components of the parking equipment.
- Coordinates, schedules and monitors vendor repair of parking assets when needed.
- Perform weekly preventative maintenance on parking systems equipment.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual inspections on parking systems and equipment.
- Assist with repair and installation of new lighting, ballasts, signs and other parking structure assets.
- Placement of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic direction duties when needed.
- Assist with snow removal and ice control duties for parking facilities when required.
- Completion of annual required training to enhance knowledge and job performance for the parking system equipment and parking facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 60%:Preventative maintenance, trouble shooting repair, installation and technical support of the Company’s parking control systems, parking structures, equipment, signage, lighting, cameras and other parking assets to ensure 24/7 successful operation of the parking system and facilities.
- 20%:Customer service and assistance for the public, co-workers, and vendors.
- 20%:Other duties as assigned.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Success fully pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- General repairs and mechanical diagnostic ability.
- Troubleshooting and resolution analyzation.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication and customer service.
- Ability to prioritize work accordingly .
- Ability to understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Efficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other programs and software.
JOB WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift, push and pull a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to climb ladders, walk long distances and work in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to work at tall heights and reach to the floor or above head for tasks.
- Ability to complete on call work after hours and weekends when necessary.
- Daily interaction with all levels of staff.
- Daily interaction with clients and vendors.
- Local travel between office and various job sites.
Utah Property Management Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, sex, or age and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
- Job Family UPMA
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- City Creek, Salt Lake City, UT, USA