Patient Intake Advocate I
The Patient Intake Advocate works within the Patient Intake Business Unit and is the key individual responsible for receiving and submitting orders, while ensuring they follow all applicable accreditation, compliance/regulatory processes, Inogen policy, and Payor guidelines. This includes a completion of the appropriate patient file within database systems, review of medical documentation, procuring payment information, and obtaining patient supplied documents.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
- Professionally handle high volume of incoming/outgoing calls for rental orders and insurance referrals from internal and external sources to gather information for the patient onboarding process
- Responsible for validating information gathered by Customer Development Representative - DTP and communicating or resolving any deficits to include but not limited to: patient demographics, insurance information, verification of benefits, and validation that patient meets Inogen patient onboarding guidelines
- Have a basic understanding of payor specific guidelines in order to facilitate the patient onboarding of profitable new rental patients
- Responsible for communicating expectations and timeframes to new patients
- Responsible for informing patient and /or referral source where it has been identified that the patient does not meet Inogen patient onboarding guidelines
- Responsible for obtaining patient paperwork packet and auto-pay information for future process, as applicable, following all regulations and guidelines.
- Ensures Inogen’s compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Ensures that all patient documents are executed in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must possess good time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must be detail-oriented and analytical to ensure documentation is being assessed properly.
- Experience with CRM platforms, preferably Salesforce, Oracle, and/or Brightree preferred.
- Work experience or knowledge of the healthcare industry, preferably specific to Medicare or prescription guidelines.
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- High School diploma or equivalent, required.
- 0-1 years of experience reviewing documentation for Medicare Oxygen/DME Billing, Insurance Billing, or prescription requirements, required.
- Experience working with Medical Sales personnel, preferred
- Intermediate knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Oracle, and/or Brightree, preferred.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm;
The pay transparency policy is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf.
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Job Family Patient Intake Advocate
- Job Function Individual Contributor
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Inogen, Inc., 600 Shiloh Road, Plano, Texas, United States of America