Member Services - Member Involvement Specialist - Benjamin Harrison YMCA
Under the direction and supervision of the Associate Executive Director, the primary responsibilities of this position are to welcome members and participants into the YMCA and provide enthusiastic, high quality service, including but not limited to greeting each person by name, displaying active listening skills, connecting members with others and engaging them through positive interactions, relationship-building and exception member service. The position may be responsible for internal/external member communication, event planning and implementation and data management as it relates to the Member Engagement Model. The Member Involvement Specialist is responsible for assigned member engagement duties and retention strategies for all new members, which includes problem-solving and follow-through as needed. This position may also assist with some aspects of the Member Service/Desk areas
1. High School diploma, or its equivalent, is required (Associates Degree preferred) and/or minimum 2-3 years related work experience (customer service, communications or related area).
2. Minimum 18 years of age is required.
3. Computer proficiency is required and must have the ability to use standard word processing and learn, use and instruct others in using YMCA software programs.
4. Experience in selecting, training and supervision of volunteers and event staff is required.
5. Maturity and good judgment along with excellent interpersonal skills needed, as well as a high level of organization, tact and integrity is essential.
6. Exceptional communications skills required including the ability to learn and display telephone skills as outlines in the Telephone Experience guidelines.
7. Ability to manage diverse situations in a fast paced environment.
8. A proven record of multi-tasking and cooperation with the ability to stay focused during detailed tasks.
9. Ability to acquire and maintain current certifications in CPR AED, First Aid, Safety & Risk Management, Child Abuse Prevention, New Employee Orientation and designated Member Service/Center training, or the ability to obtain within 60-90 days of employment (or time frame determined).
10. A general knowledge of the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis, its Mission, values and program is required.
11. Administrative skills including ability to maintain and generate reports and statistical information.
It is the policy of the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis to provide equal employment opportunity to employees and candidates for employment. Accordingly, there shall be no discrimination against any employee or candidate for employment due to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability or against disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. This policy is applicable to the policies governing recruitment, hiring and placement, promotion, training, compensation, employment environment, and separation or termination.
Compliance with this policy is the personal responsibility of all personnel, especially those whose duties are related to the hiring of new employees and the status or tenure of current employees. Further, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, the company will cooperate fully in the implementation of applicable laws and executive orders.
- Job Function CLER2
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lawrence, IN, USA