Adult Sports - Official III (Basketball) Tues PM/Sun Afternoon - Irsay Family YMCA
Under the direction of the Program Director, Officials will be responsible for the positive interpretation and enforcement of facility policies, rules and guidelines to YMCA members, guests, and participants. They will be responsible for providing leadership, guidance, and enforcement of all applicable rules. Officials will work toward providing a program to foster children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth in all Sports activities. They will also work toward providing a safe and efficient Sports program, which upholds the YMCA mission and four core values.
- Knowledge of all rules as they relate directly to the sport and age they are officiating and prior officiating, as well as the YMCA, required.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required and minimum 2-4 years experience officiating adult games required.
- Sport-specific officiating certifications from nationally recognized organization preferred and encouraged.
- Demonstrated maturity and proven ability to resolve conflicts in highly competitive environment.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills are required.
- Supervision of youth/adult activities with the ability to interpret program objectives to members and participants.
- Maintain current certifications in CPR AED and First Aid.
- Training in Child Abuse Prevention, Safety & Risk Management, YMCA New Employee Orientation and other department-specific training required or the ability to obtain such training within 60-90 days of employment.
Ø Supervisory and administrative skills required in order to effectively oversee program activities.
It is the policy of the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis to provide equal employment opportunity to employees and candidates for employment. Accordingly, there shall be no discrimination against any employee or candidate for employment due to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability or against disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. This policy is applicable to the policies governing recruitment, hiring and placement, promotion, training, compensation, employment environment, and separation or termination.
Compliance with this policy is the personal responsibility of all personnel, especially those whose duties are related to the hiring of new employees and the status or tenure of current employees. Further, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, the company will cooperate fully in the implementation of applicable laws and executive orders.
- Job Function SERV2
- Pay Type Hourly
- Indianapolis, IN, USA