Baxter YMCA Youth Sports - Site Supervisor
Youth Sports - Site Supervisor
To put Christian Principles into practice through programs that enhances personal growth and improves health of spirit, mind and body for all.
Under the direction of the Program Director, and acting within the scope of the YMCA guidelines, the Site Supervisor shall supervise designated sports sites/programs, all participants, and maintain a clean and safe environment.
· Must be at least 18 years old.
· Knowledge of the YMCA organization and some YMCA experience is preferred.
· A comprehensive knowledge of all phases of physical education and sports for all age groups.
· Possess knowledge of management, organizational, and interpersonal relation skills to lend leadership in the Sports Programs.
· Maintain current certifications in CPR AED, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention, Safety & Risk Management and other training determined by Director, or the ability to obtain such training within 60-90 days.
1. Designated as a First Responder in the event of an emergency.
2. Supervise the youth sports site, by making sure that all participants are in the designated areas.
3. Must possess knowledge of all aspects of the particular sports league, which includes teams, coaches, rosters, schedules, pictures, awards, etc.
4. Maintain a clean work site, which includes picking up trash, vacuuming, etc.
5. Ensure that all coaches are attending to their players by treating each individual fairly and with positive encouragement.
6. Make sure that all parents are supervising their children properly.
7. Running of the clock while games are in session, which may include obtaining a volunteer to assist.
8. May include officiating and/or coaching games and teams fairly and in a positive manner towards all participants as specified by the YMCA Youth Super Sports philosophy.
9. Maintain, observe, and inspect equipment and facilities on a regular basis and inform supervisor of concerns.
10. Prepare all sports sites for practice and games (i.e. lining fields, setting bases, setting goals, etc.)
MEMBER INVOLVEMENT SKILLS
1. Be informed and up to date on the latest developments in your field
2. Acquaint members with other YMCA programs and benefits.
3. Develop relationships that promote the building of small communities
4. Recommend participation in a variety of YMCA programs.
5. Support our YMCA annual campaign, invite members to participate.
6. Be able to articulate the role and importance of volunteers.
7. Be informed about volunteer opportunities.
8. Provide an environment in which valuing diversity is encouraged and the 40 Developmental Assets can be built and emphasized.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
· Ability to walk, stand, sit, tilt head, stretch, push/pull and/or lift objects, use all muscles and work in a kneeling or reaching position
· Ability to be in a crouching position and regularly twist body at the waist, shoulders or legs
· Ability to lift or stack materials weighing 50 lbs. up to a distance of 200 feet
· Ability to work in areas or on equipment that often creates conditions of dust and/or dampness.
· Ability to work with chemicals, solvents, cleaners and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray and aerosol forms according to OSHA guidelines.
· Ability to work in a variety of environments (i.e. indoor, outdoor, warm, cold and noisy)
· Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently.
· Ability to observe and promote safety and security procedures.
· Physically and mentally able to administer CPR and First Aid effectively.
EFFECT ON END RESULT
1. Sound cooperation with administration and leadership, and good public relations.
2. Facilities and equipment being maintained in adequate condition: safe, clean, and used appropriately.
3. Safety and supervision of programs will be the top priority of all programs.
4. The YMCA will exceed the expectations of all program members and participants.
It is the policy of the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis to provide equal employment opportunity to employees and candidates for employment. Accordingly, there shall be no discrimination against any employee or candidate for employment due to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability or against disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. This policy is applicable to the policies governing recruitment, hiring and placement, promotion, training, compensation, employment environment, and separation or termination.
Compliance with this policy is the personal responsibility of all personnel, especially those whose duties are related to the hiring of new employees and the status or tenure of current employees. Further, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, the company will cooperate fully in the implementation of applicable laws and executive orders.
- Job Function SERV1
- Pay Type Hourly
- Greenwood, IN, USA