Photolithography Engineer !
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
2nd shift position, hours = 12:00pm – 8:30pm
Engineer needed to perform semiconductor wafer processing in a cleanroom laboratory under general supervision. Follow detailed Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to perform daily tasks within the Photolithography module. This position includes hands-on, single wafer processing as well as operation of production-oriented, automated semiconductor processing equipment particularly in direct write lithography. General activities include wafer cleaning, spin coating, photoresist development, photoresist stripping, basic inspection, measurement and data entry.
Work in a Class 10 (ISO-4) Cleanroom environment performing standard/routine production processing steps within a wet Photolithography module/section of a semiconductor fabrication laboratory. Daily tasks include hands-on, single wafer processing in beakers within a chemical fume hood as well as operation of fully automated semiconductor process equipment.
Under general supervision, perform tasks including but not limited to:
- Wafer cleaning, spin-coating, resist development, photoresist stripping, basic inspection, and measurement and data entry.
- Performing equipment verifications/calibrations following internal SOP’s and manufacturers protocols
- Monitoring of sensitive automated processes, understanding and utilizing excursion documentation protocols
- Tracking lab equipment information including calibration schedules, open work orders, and equipment status using statistical software
- Maintaining and reporting daily metrology data
- Stocking and maintaining inventory for consumables
- Scheduling asset calibrations
- Communicating any customer issues or potential problems
This position requires candidates that are able to work their entire shift within a cleanroom laboratory wearing appropriate PPE. Must be able to follow detailed instructions, pay attention to detail, and accurately enter data.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing work assignments.
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to instantly adapt to a flexible and changing schedule
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Experience in Python or other programming languages is a strong plus)
- Ability to establish and foster positive customer relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Strong spatial skills
- Must be able to work within a cleanroom environment wearing personal protective equipment to include lab coveralls, chemical apron, hood, facemask, hairnets, safety gloves and goggles
- Walking and/or standing may be required for 70-80% of the day
- Must possess motor skills appropriate to the task
- Must be able to lift/push/pull 25-30 pounds consistently
EDUCATION DESIRED:BS in Engineering or related fields required.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:(e.g. driver’s license special tools or restrictions): United States citizen is required.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA