Scientific Software Developer
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
HRL Laboratories is looking for a creative and motivated scientific programmer to join a world-class team of scientists and engineers developing next-generation technologies. In this role, you will write and maintain modeling software, generate simulation data, and analyze numerical results for quantum devices such as semiconductor spin qubits. Your work will draw on and extend your capabilities in scientific code development, solid-state physics, and quantum information science. You must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively with fellow team members, present ideas and results in technical presentations, and contribute to written research reports.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, or related fields.
- U.S. citizenship is required. Active security clearance or ability to apply for security clearance.
- Coursework or equivalent experience in computer science, numerical analysis, scientific software development, parallel programming, quantum mechanics, and computational physics.
- Strong background in code development utilizing multiple computer languages, including C++ and Python.
- Experience in collaborative software development.
- Knowledge of high-performance computing techniques.
- Experience in physics-based modeling and numerical simulation.
Essential Physical/Mental Requirements:
- Ability to spend extended periods of time at a computer monitor. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with other team members, excellent problem solving skills.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA