Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Provide administrative support for Manager of Information Systems and department staff members, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Duties involve coordinating department activities, including:
- Arrange appointments/meetings
- Maintain shared schedules
- Take and organize meeting notes
- Organize information, create and track action items, follow up with internal staff
- Make travel arrangements and generate expense reports
- Prepare financial, deliverable and new business reports
- Create and track purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices
- Order and track supplies, materials, and equipment
- Coordinate internal resources such as office space, supplies
- Organize, coordinate and support department meetings, staff morale events, office communications, notices, memos, and announcements
- 3+ years administrative/secretarial experience
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple assignments, establish priorities and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Proficient with PC Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and familiarity or willingness to learn SharePoint and Microsoft Project
- Demonstrated ability to learn internal processes, interface with external customers and work effectively with others
- Knowledge of office protocols including ability to interface with a wide variety of people and personalities (co-workers, technical staff, customers) required
- Working knowledge of productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Acrobat) required
- Understanding of scheduling and organizational tools (SharePoint, MS Project) desired
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks
- Basic computer skills required
- Must have good telephone manners
- Basic financial knowledge desirable
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time and climb stairs to access different parts of the site
EDUCATION DESIRED: BA or relevant experience
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (e.g., driver’s license, special tools, or restrictions):
Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with people. US Citizen required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Malibu, CA, USA