SUPERVISOR FACILITIES MAINTENANCE
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
The Facilities Supervisor is to assist in daily business operations of the management team, to support Owner Representative Project Managers who are working on behalf of HRL to support the Facilities team, and to engage and provide leadership to a team of trade technicians. This position has primary responsibilities to include planning, assigning, and evaluating work orders completed by trade technicians. The responsibilities include the daily field-supervision of the technical team, and to assist in the coordination of multiple activities by aligning the needs of other departments, equipment, supplies, and other resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure work safety, work quality, and operation and compliance of all HRL safety protocols/ policies that effect the campus.
- Assign work orders and preventative maintenance weeklies, monthlies, quarterly, etc. inspections to the appropriate trade group.
- Oversee and supervise team of union-affiliated trade technicians.
- Schedule and assign duties in mechanical, carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, HVAC and roofing.
- Respond and resolve maintenance issues that affect the quality of all ongoing processes and procedures by our Lab partners. Ensure the work is performed correctly and follows all approved practices.
- Communicate accurately and in a timely manner, any problems which pertain to the operational status/readiness of all plant equipment.
- Support requests of all operating groups/departments within HRL in a timely and professional manner
- Study specifications such as blueprints, sketches, or descriptions of parts to procure appropriate replacements. Maintains and controls inventories at levels adequate to sustain efficient operations.
- Ensure that unscheduled or emergency work performed is correctly documented with a work order.
- Assist in the development and implementation of processes which enhance system efficiencies and increase productivity
- Perform other duties as assigned and required to advance the needs of HRL.
- Maintain proficiency in all areas as it pertains to his/her area(s) of responsibilities assigned.
- Coordinates recommendations for the selection of professional services.
- Recommends and implements adjustments as necessary to increase efficiency, safety, improve operations, decrease response and turnaround times and streamline work processes.
- Consults various data sources concerning regulatory compliance and requirements for maintenance and construction activities.
- Manage contractors through all phases of construction and maintenance including quality inspections and verification of work product.
- Conducts work order reviews, audits and maintains metrics.
- Uses computer information systems, facilities management systems, and building automation systems to assist in job performance.
- This position requires an individual that is professional, outgoing, proactive and highly organized. This position will interface with all departments of the company. The ideal candidate can perform effectively in a fast-paced environment where multitasking and prioritizing is essential.
- The Facilities Supervisor will work closely with the company’s EH&S, Quality Assurance, and Security departments.
- The key roles for this person is to engage the technical team throughout the work day and function as a support mechanism for ongoing activities. Serve as a correspondent who informs their coworkers and stakeholders in departments campus-wide to provide status on any number of uncompleted tasks. Assist with the Document Control process by organizing and managing all construction plans, regulatory documents, PMs, closeout documents, and partnering with Critical Assets to load documents into the existing dashboard. Manage requests that come in from vendors, our lab partners and others who may require documentation for project work.
- Assist in creating a Facilities Newsletter and publish notifications in SharePoint and the HRL Intranet. Update the Facilities calendar to show slides to include a Project Description, Improvements, and a Schedule of Activities. Finally, the supervisor is out taking photos and recording deficiencies throughout the property and submitting work orders to designate the work to the appropriate group.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A 2-Year Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Business or commensurate experience, and 2-Years’ experience in Facilities Management.
- Computer skills using Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word. and AutoCAD is required. Experience with Sharepoint, Visio, Project, and AutoCAD is desired, but will train. Will be required to learn additional custom software packages used by the departments.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- This position will require both office work, such as computer work and meetings, and access to all areas of the campus. Must have the ability to access all locations of the company property. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with people and have a focus on customer service for internal customers.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Able to work flexible hours and weekends as required. U.S. citizen or permanent resident status required.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA