Mathematician - Quantum Compilation (Summer 2021)
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
HRL is a global leader in silicon quantum dot technologies. In addition to the research and development of physical devices, HRL engages in the development of advanced software for programming these devices, including a state-of-the-art quantum compiler.
As a mathematician, you will take part in a well-specified project for improving how we compile certain classes of quantum operators to specific hardware configurations. The project includes a theory portion and a software engineering portion, giving you the opportunity to demonstrate abstract results with a concrete implementation.
- PhD in mathematics (pure or applied), with a focus on combinatorics, algebraic structures, representation theory, and/or other discrete mathematics
- Ability to write well-engineered software
- Excellent technical/research writing
- Demonstrated history of mathematical research activities
- Excellent ability to prioritize, pace, and report on progress and results
- U.S. Citizen
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Malibu, CA, USA