Intern 2021 - Quantum Compilers and Programming Languages
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
HRL is a world-leader in silicon quantum dot technologies. At HRL, we engage in the development of a full quantum device and computation stack, including an optimizing compiler for a quantum programming language. In this project-based internship, which includes open-source development work, you will help improve a state-of-the-art quantum optimizing compiler. You will have an opportunity to engage in literature review, advanced algorithm implementation, aspects of programming language design, and compiler optimizations. You will also have many opportunities to present your work to distinguished scientists and engineers.
- Current undergraduate student in mathematics, computer science, physics, or related fields
- Outstanding programming skills
- Basic understanding of compilers and the usual steps a compiler takes to process an input language to executable code
- Good written and verbal communication; punctual; strongly self-motivated
- U.S. Citizen
- Knowledge of Common Lisp, Scheme, Haskell, OCaml, or another language supporting functional programming.
- Familiarity with static and strong functional typing disciplines.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of quantum computing (not necessary, but a bonus)
- Familiarity with scientific and numerical computing
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA