Engineer-I, Dry Etch and Deposition
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
Experience Required: Entry Level
Hours per Week:40
2nd shift position, hours = 12pm start time
Entry level Engineer needed to perform semiconductor wafer processing in a cleanroom laboratory under general supervision. Become a member of a team that produces the world’s fastest GaN transistors and MMIC’s as well as quantum nanoelectronic devices. Follow detailed Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to perform daily tasks within a Dry Etch and Deposition department working on Dry-Etch (ICP, RIE, Bosch, Ion Milling), PECVD and ALD process chambers. This position includes hands-on, single wafer processing as well as operation of production-oriented, automated semiconductor processing equipment.
Work in a Class 10 (ISO-4) Cleanroom environment performing processing steps within a Dry-Etch and Thin Film Deposition module/section of a semiconductor fabrication laboratory. Daily tasks include hands-on, single wafer processing in various vacuum chambers .
Under general supervision, perform tasks including but not limited to:
- Wafer cleaning and mounting, processing in various vacuum chambers for RIE, Ion Milling, PECVD and ALD
- Measurement of thin films, profilometry, stress measurements and analyzing results
- Write and perform experiments, record and analyze data, present results, options and recommendations to lead engineers and management
- Performing equipment verifications/calibrations following internal SOP’s and manufacturers protocols
- Monitoring of sensitive automated processes, understanding and utilizing excursion documentation protocols
- Tracking lab equipment information including calibration schedules, open work orders, and equipment status using statistical software
- Maintaining and reporting daily metrology data
- Scheduling asset calibrations
- Communicating any customer issues or potential problems
This position requires candidates that are able to work their entire shift within a cleanroom laboratory wearing appropriate PPE. Must be able to follow detailed instructions, pay attention to detail, and accurately enter data.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing work assignments.
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to instantly adapt to a flexible and changing schedule
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to establish and foster positive customer relationships
- Strong communication skills
·Must be able to work within a cleanroom environment wearing personal protective equipment to include lab coveralls, chemical apron, hood, facemask, hairnets, safety gloves and goggles
- Walking and/or standing may be required for 70-80% of the day
- Must possess motor skills appropriate to the task
- Must be able to lift/push/pull 25-30 pounds consistently
Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or related fields or equivalent experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:(e.g. driver’s license special tools or restrictions):
Must be able to work 2nd shift (12:00 pm – @8:30 pm). U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA