Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to assist the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) with the authorization of Information System (IS) Risk Management Framework (RMF) authorization packages
- Constant upkeep, monitoring, analysis, and response to network and security events
- Documents compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or develops a plan of actions and milestones (POA&M) with the ISSM to address non-compliance in the allotted timeframe
- Ensures systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan
- Ensures configuration management for security-relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware is maintained and documented in accordance with baseline
- Experience with national security information system related security requirements (e.g., JSIG, ICD 503, RMF, or DAAPM) to include technical computer/network system auditing
- Ensures all information system security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
- Ensures records are maintained for workstations, software, servers, routers, firewalls, network switches, telephony equipment, etc. throughout the information system's life cycle
- Evaluates proposed changes or additions to the information system, and advises the ISSM of their security relevance
- Assist and conduct security IS education
- Participates in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments
- Informs ISSM on technical IS security matters
- Assists in conduct of investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to both the Security Managers and Program Managers
- Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered
- Communicates, implements and manages a formal Information Security / Information Systems Security Program together with ISSM and Security Management
- Implement and enforce Information Security Policies and Procedures together with ISSM Security Management
- Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly.
- Knowledge of the National Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and NISPOM Supplement
- Knowledge of government classified contracts and DD Form 254 within information security
- Knowledgeable of operating system security requirements
- Experience with eMASS
- Hands on experience with industry standard Information Assurance tools
- Previous experience working with IA requirements and RMF implementation
- Must possess or be willing to obtain DoD 8570 certification IAM Level I (one of the following – Security + CE, CAP, GSLC) within 6 months of employment
- In-depth experience in system hardening, analysis, and vulnerability management
- Demonstrated technical experience for Windows, Networking, and UNIX-based operating systems
- Knowledgeable in Solaris/UNIX/Linux command line
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, and a quick learner
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others to gain support
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills (written and oral)
Bachelor's (preferred) in an information systems/technology related field with 4 years of directly related experience.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Must be able to multitask in a dynamic environment; develop solutions to various complex problems and plan, schedule and prioritize tasks.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (e.g. driver’s license, special tools or restrictions):
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, and in some cases with little to no advance notice. This position requires that the applicant selected be a U.S. citizen. An active TS/SCI clearance with a CI polygraph is required. The applicant must also be willing to obtain and maintain a FSP. Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information is required. This job will also require up to 15% travel. As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA