Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
- Seeking motivated engineers driven by challenging problems to join our multidisciplinary research team developing world-class semiconductor technologies for mm-wave and electro-optic applications
- Assist senior members with microfabrication of compound semiconductor electronics in a state-of-the-art class 10 cleanroom.
- Develop, execute and improve fabrication processes. Troubleshoot and resolve process problems.
- Work closely with senior technical staff to perform experiments and document experimental findings.
- Collect and analyze experimental data.
- Technical background in engineering with basic knowledge of micro-technology fabrication processing.
- Ability to analyze data and report results to senior team members through documentation and team meetings.
- Productivity software such as Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Dexterity in handing microelectronic chips and wafers is essential.
- Must be sufficiently mobile to work within confined spaces and have both visual and hearing acuity. Must be able to work within a class 10 Cleanroom.
- Must be able to work safely with and around potentially toxic and hazardous materials, chemicals and gases.
- Must be able to work with little supervision and be a strong team player.
Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or a related field. At least 6 months of experience in a microelectronics fabrication environment. Desired experience with wafer handling and microfabrication processes (RIE, wet etch, lithography, ALD, PECVD, plating, metal and dielectric deposition, etc) and/or metrology (optical microscope inspection, SEM, profilometry, AFM) is a plus.
US Citizenship required.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA