ENGINEER V - Data Engineer
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
Senior Software Engineer – Data Engineering
For more than 70 years, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art. We are looking for a senior software engineer to help us develop the future of quantum information technologies. Scientists and engineers at HRL use our quantum software development kit everyday to better operate, understand, and advance our devices.
As a senior software engineer on the data engineering team you will be responsible for developing data models and pipelines to enable aggregation, organization, and analysis of a variety of scientific data sources.
- Design data models to describe quantum devices, hardware components, and physical measurements.
- Build data pipelines to work with a variety of sources such as quantum devices, environmental sensors, and software logs.
- Develop and extend databases to support new and existing data elements.
- 5+ years relevant software engineering experience.
- Proficiency with Python and SQL.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, or similar technologies.
- Experience integrating NoSQL alongside an RDBMS such as MS SQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with software engineering practices such as version control and continuous integration.
- Solid understanding of core computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and computer architectures.
- U.S. citizenship; active security clearance or ability to obtain one.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA